What's new

Celebrities: Going Overkill? (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
but why don't these people respect the body that life has given them.
THESE people??? Rest assured that half of America wasn't given a plus-size figure by "life." They've "earned" it, so to speak, by eating enormous portions of all the wrong foods, and sitting on their (our) collective duffs all day. So, this sort of "manipulation" is going on in everyday households, too, on a large scale (pun intended).

That is reality, and it surely can't be pawned off on Hollywood. Step away from the Twinkie, and into the light.;)

Todd

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I don't think its any different from the hordes of people who flock to the gym and participate in ridiculous diets to modify their own bodies. The only difference being that they are doing so under the promise of companionship while she is doing the opposite for a great sum of money.
Although Im sure some people do pack themselves into gym's just to look better for other people. I go because if all the exercises I got was sitting at my desk, picking up the phone, and typing id probably have some major health issues later in life. Alternatively working at a military installation it is essential for allot of personnel to be in top physical condition to perform there job duties.

Also remember that this was a "Celebrity Gossip" article and might not be the most factual journalism on the planet.

P.S. Everyone already beat me to the De Nero and Hanks references.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Recent Oscar winner, Adrien Brody also basically starved himself, dropping 30 pounds, to get into the shape he was in towards the end of "The Pianist".

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Val Kilmer put on weight for The Doors. Sean Astin put on weight for Lord of the Rings. De Niro also put on weight for Raging Bull. Minnie Driver added some pounds for Circle of Friends. I am sure there are countless other examples as well, this is common place in Hollywood.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
She never looked better than as Bridget.
I'm with John on this one... I prefer a "meatier" Renee.

I don't know why people are so concerned with this. As other members have pointed out, she's done it before, other actors have done the same thing. They gain and then lose the weight. It's not like she's going for "morbidly obese"... she's just moving to a size 14. Which, here in Wisconsin, the fattest state in the nation, is considered a hottie. :)

If I had a choice of eating doughnuts or spending gruelling hours in makeup being saddled with a "fat suit"... I'd take the doughnuts.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I think I'll write a letter to Renee and recommend the pasta & beer diet.. it's worked for me! :)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
If she tries to put on too much weight too fast she could have medical problems. Sometimes a person's heart can't take a sudden and large weight gain. I think Karen Carpenter died from gaining 10 pounds in a week while battling anorexia.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Yeah but that was then and this is now. She's older for one thing. I'm not trying to say she's in any danger but there is the remote possibility, however remote it may be, that she could cause stress to her heart. But I understand that she's got professionals taking care of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks