What's new

Directors cast & crew draft 2 - academy awards done right (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My first lead performer: Edward Norton

Justin is up. (and in the History Draft) :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Jan (12 hours) is up.

On deck:

Dome Vongvises (12)
ChuckDeLa (12)
Cary T (12)

Waiting for:

Justin (1 pick)

Quick recap of certain rules:

You have 12 hours to pick. You are strongly encouraged to pm me with your picks (do NOT use email), especially if you won't be checking in every 12 hours. If you miss your deadline, you can make your pick at any time, but you will have 2 fewer hours next time. I will be putting the number of hours you have in parentheses after your name to help people keep track of when they can vote (for example, Dome can vote 12 hours from now, if Jan hasn't made his pick by then).

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Excerpt from Interview magazine's conversation with TG:

Int: How do you feel about the outpouring of interest in you at the moment? It seems like every producer in town wants you on their next big project.

TG: Well, Angry Sicilian Productions made me an offer I just couldn't... You know, the thing with the horse's head...

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Dome is up until 7:26 pm Central.

On deck:

ChuckDeLa (12)
Cary T (12)
John Kilduff (12)

Waiting for:

Justin (1 pick)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Director - Peter Jackson

I have only three directors in mind for the project. They were Terry Gilliam, Peter Jackson, and David Fincher.

BTW, when do we submit our synopsis?

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I think I've finally figured out my whole cast... except my lead actor & actress. This is a really tough film to cast!

Composer: George Gershwin

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Cary is up until 2:31 am central

On deck:

John Kilduff (12)
Scott Weinberg (12) - 2 picks
John Kilduff (12)

Waiting for:

Justin (1 pick)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Whenever you want, though for most people it doesn't make sense to do until you're sure you're going to get some of your choices.

I want to encourage everyone here to go to the first cast & crew draft voting and send me your votes. I'm using that as a test case for the voting in this draft, and so far all I'm able to determine is insufficient participation (that and the fact that everyone who does votes, gives a straight party line for their own film. :))

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Director: Alfred Hitchcock

Thanks for including me, George! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay, but I have finals this week. :frowning:

Also, I love the Academy Awards idea, but it's only human nature to want to have your film well represented. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
John takes Director - Stanley Donen

Scott takes Screenwriter - David Mamet
and Director - John Carpenter

John is up until 5:08 pm central

On deck:

John Kilduff (12)
Cary T (12)
ChuckDeLa (12)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Alright, my second choice will be a personal favorite...

Howard Ashman will be my composer.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The man who gave a mermaid her voice and a beast his soul...I choose him.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Cary is up until 10:16 pm central

On deck:

ChuckDeLa (12)
Dome Vongvises (12)
Jan H (12)

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from my awards voting in the other draft it's this: only a few people voting, and voting for themselves leads to lots and lots of 5 way ties. I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to report winners over there unless I get more votes.

So, in order to avoid that here, I've decided on the following rules.

We'll begin with nominations (3 noms per category). No one will be allowed to nominate their own film. And everyone has to nominate 3 films. Anyone who doesn't provide the nominations will have their film eliminated.

We'll then have the voting of the nominees (1 vote per category). Again, you can't vote for your own film, and you have to vote (or else I'll just use the first nomination you made as your vote).

Obviously, anyone not drafting films can still vote and won't have any constraints on how they vote.

I really hate laying down rules that say you have to do this, and you can't do that, but otherwise we're going to have a bunch of ties that I'll have to figure out how to break without being biased towards my film, or being biased against it (by bending over backwards not to break a tie for it).

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
George, I think those are fine rules. :emoji_thumbsup:

And if you want to break the ties, you could just eliminate all votes that people cast for themselves. I was kind of surprised you let us nominate/vote for ourselves to begin with (but of course I didn't let that stop me from taking advantage of it :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks