What's new

"Car 54" in February 2011- FINALLY!!!! (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yes, it is very funny show. I remember the one guy from the munsters along with my cousin vinny. If you like classic tv shows then this one worth picking up and adding to your collection.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
BB and Barns & Noble are showing the MSRP to be $19.98/99 and currently are selling it for less than amazon:

Best Buy is $14.99 Store pick up is unavailable.

Barnes & Noble is $17.09

On both shipping + tax pretty much kills it for me making them the same or higher than amazon.

But if the MSRP they are listing is correct we should expect the amazon price to drop even more. Of course, if they are wrong and the MSRP is the $39.98 that's shown on tvshowsondvd.com any pre-orders from these 2 could very well be cancelled.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I don't know what kind of sign this is... but it hasn't even streeted yet and the price has more than doubled. B&N now lists this as $35, while in Canada, Amazon has moved it from $14 to $54! I'm glad i got my order in, but boy am i miffed that i didn't grab a couple of other copies.

I hope this isn't a sign that the release could be cancelled/postponed...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Here are some new clips from the S1 set:

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 4 Clip - "Who's for Swordfish" :

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 13 Clip - "Put It In The Bank":

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 2 Clip - "Change Your Partner" :

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 12 Clip - "The Taming of Lucille" :

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 23 Clip - "How Smart Can You Get" :

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 22 Clip - "What Happened to Thursday":

Car 54, Where Are You: Complete First Season - Episode 22 Clip - "What Happened to Thursday" :

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The great news is hearing that they are committed to doing S2. The not so great news is hearing that we have to wait close to a year to have the show finished on DVD but hey, at least that's one title that we know will be finished next year!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Jack P

The great news is hearing that they are committed to doing S2. The not so great news is hearing that we have to wait close to a year to have the show finished on DVD but hey, at least that's one title that we know will be finished next year!

It's understandable.

We've already waited this long for even a hint that the show was going to be released, so what's 9 or 10 more months to get the final season looking and sounding as best as it possibly can?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

I'd not heard that yet! That *is* great news! Who/what is your source on the info? - - - and... never mind! I just hopped over to tvshowsondvd.com only to find it posted there!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
My local station swapped from RTN to ME-TV which is great since it has Car 54 on Saturday nights. Hopefully the broadcast exposure will have people excited about the DVDs coming out.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for sharing those video clips from the first season DVD set Adam.

A near year long wait for the second season to be released on DVD is fine, considering how it felt like news of the first season came out of nowhere. Plus, it will give plenty of time for possible DVD extras to be put together.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick
This dvd set is now on sale at deepdiscount.com for only $16.09 along with free shipping. I think I'll go ahead and get it at this price. Just a heads up for anybody who may wish to pick this up on sale.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Originally the talk was that the second season would also arrive in 2011 -- I haven't heard any news about C54WAY since back in the spring. The first season lived up to its legend, and as mentioned above, that ME-TV has been carrying it and running it (apparently) in chronological order (do you hear that Shanachie?!?)... I'm in for year 2 but am curious as to whether others think ME-TV will help or hinder the seemingly healthy release on DVD of classic tv shows. If ME is financially viable and picks up steam, theoretically it should be creating new fans or reawakening old fans. If it's a flash-in-the-pan novelty, the network could possibly dampen those who hold the properties from releasing these without knowing they'll make a profit. I'm itchin' anyways to get season 2...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
rcbrad said:
This dvd set is now on sale at deepdiscount.com for only $16.09 along with free shipping. I think I'll go ahead and get it at this price. Just a heads up for anybody who may wish to pick this up on sale.
Do you have a link? I just saw your post and went to DD in search of the listing to see what the current price is only to not find it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
It's been a while since this one has been talked about. Anyone have new info on if/when we can expect Season Two?

Gary "I hope Shanachie still has this on their radar" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I hope so too. I hope the negative repercussions of their bizarre episode sequencing and their lousy packaging (This is the only title where I won't keep the discs inside the case) didn't scare them off.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

I hope so too. I hope the negative repercussions of their bizarre episode sequencing and their lousy packaging (This is the only title where I won't keep the discs inside the case) didn't scare them off.

Agreed. I've been worried about the same thing.

Gary "let's hope S2 is still in the works in spite of the poor presentation of S1" O.

When S1 was released, I thought I heard the studio comment that S2 wouldn't be ready until the following year (2012.)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by eric scott richard

When S1 was released, I thought I heard the studio comment that S2 wouldn't be ready until the following year (2012.)

That's what I remember hearing, too. However, plans can change and it would be nice to hear that Season 2 is still on track for release next year.

Let's hope they got the message(s) on the packaging and episode order. Of course, then the question arises, will they do a complete series release and fix all the issues with Season 1?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ChrisALM said:
That's what I remember hearing, too. However, plans can change and it would be nice to hear that Season 2 is still on track for release next year.

Let's hope they got the message(s) on the packaging and episode order. Of course, then the question arises, will they do a complete series release and fix all the issues with Season 1?

Agree! If they *do* a complete series, put it in "good" packaging, and fix the episode order I'll seriously consider a double-dip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks