What's new

Can you get ABC HDTV in Indianapolis? (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I got my HDTV OTA receiver last week. I've watched some HDTV in primetime on CBS. I watched "The Tonight Show" on NBC. Last night I was going to check out 101 Dalmations and "Alias" on ABC. I was extremely disappointed to discover that WRTV's High Definition channels were just showing a simulcast of their channel 64 news. Is this always the case? Should I bother checking Tuesday for "NYPD Blue?" Or Alien Resurrection tonight?

If they never show any HD programs, does anybody know why?

Troy Madlem

Agent
Hey there Gabe. What part of Indy are you located in? I'm over on the west side in the Eagle Creek area.

Our local ABC affiliate is indeed up and running and routinely has their signal on, including the HD lineup as well as upconverts of the standard programming. In fact, I'm a bit suprised to hear you just ran across the news re-broadcast as I've always found their channel on with the regular ABC programming, are you sure you had the correct subchannel tuned in? On my Dish 6000, ABC is mapped to channels 006-1 and 006-2, but I think they are actually broadcasting on channel 25 (but I could be wrong, its been awhile since I setup my system).

Good luck

Troy

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the answer, Troy. I'm on the south side near Greenwood.
I checked 6-1 and 6-2, but I didn't try the actual broadcast channel number. (Is it 25? I'll have to look it up.)
I tried again last night during Alien Resurrection, and 6-1 and 6-2 were both showing the news rebroadcast. :thumbsdown:

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is interested, I found out that the problem was on my end. When I went directly to channel 25, which is ABC HDTV, I was able to get the HDTV signal. The receiver renamed it 6-1 (which should be correct), but after a few seconds it switched to the news rebroadcast (which should be 6-2). I guess the receiver was confused (?), but I reprogrammed the channels and all is well. :)
Thanks for your help, Troy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks