What's new

Can Someone Check Their Dog Day Afternoon DVD For Possible Easter Egg? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that Warner Bros. did something odd with its DVD release of Steve McQueen's Bullitt: There's a very good making-of featurette in the Special Features section of the Bullitt DVD. But it's not advertised anywhere on the packaging.
And this got me thinking that perhaps WB did something similar (for whatever reason) on its DVD of Dog Day Afternoon.
My VHS of Dog Day has an excellent extra feature, called "Lumet: Film Maker"; plus the trailer.
Can somebody poke around with their Dog Day DVD menus to check to see if either the trailer or this documentary are buried as Easter Eggs?
I've been putting off buying Dog Day on DVD because of the lack of these features.
Can't figure out WHY in the world the VHS should contain MORE stuff than the DVD. Ridiculous!
Also: How is the video transfer of the Dog Day DVD?
It is anamorphic right?
However, I noted that some of Amazon's data shows the ratio as being 1.78:1, instead of the correct 1.85:1. Anybody notice this subtle AR difference?
Thanks for any Dog Day tidbits you can provide.
:)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
David

I have the R2 dvd of Bullitt and it is specifically mentionded on the back cover about this feature. I have not yet purchased Dog Day Afternoon so I cannot make a comment yet.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks