What's new

Can I cause Burn in on my new 36" Panny Flat Screen. CT36sx31 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Can I cause Burn in on my new 36" Panny Flat Screen. CT36sx31

Thats basically it. I know its a crt but can video games and static images cause burn. How bout the black bars in dvds

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Keep the contrast under 50% in general and you are safe ...

Mix it up and there is no danger.

Regards

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
contrast. Thats the picture setting right? I bought the ht sound vision calibration disc and tried it out. My picture goes from 0 -65. Shouldnt it be 0-100? Also, i was having trouble doing the tint color test

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Are the Panny's more difficult to burn in because of the contrast level goes only up to 65?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm sure you can cause burn-in if you wanted too! :D

Just crank the contrast all the way up, set a static image on the screen and leave it that way for a few weeks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, you'll find out everything you ever wanted to know about screen burn-in in this thread , which has been permanently bumped at the top of this page. Do as Michael says and reduce that contrast and mix and vary your programming sources.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Well is my 36in panny Flat sceen a regular tube tv? Dont only big screens have burn in. I though thats why the tv i got is better to play games on cause it wont have burn in?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Even a regular CRT can get burn-in. I've seen it on a lot of computer monitors, for example.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
It is not easy to burn in the phosphors on a CRT over a short time.

In the facility I work at, we have a number of 27" CRTs that show the same SMPTE color bars with the same text overlay for an average of 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. (This is far more abusive than most home users would see playing video games). The monitors are approximately 3 years old and are only now beginning to show burn-in.

If you have the contrast set too high and you play the same video game for hours every day, you might have a problem in the static areas of the game display.

Note, other types of sets are more sensitive.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks