What's new

Campaign for the release of the "Oh God!" Trilogy to Blu-Ray (Re-Post) (1 Viewer)

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
To Warner Home Video:
I would like to suggest the re-release of the Oh God! Trilogy (1977-1984) in a 3-disc Blu-Ray combo pack, with special features for each movie.
This year is the 35th anniversary of the release of Oh God!, and that is why the trilogy should be released on Blu-Ray.
English subtitles should be included for all three movies and the special features.
All three movies should be digitally restored and remastered in 1080p HD for Blu-Ray.
For all three movies, the audio should be improved.
The original 1970s/1980s Warner Brothers logo should be included at the beginning of the movies.
Interactive menus and new scene selection chapters should be included for all three movies.
There are some others who would like to see the trilogy on Blu-Ray.
Here is a list of special features:
Oh God! Special Features:
Audio Commentary (from 2002, with Carl Reiner, Teri Garr, and Larry Gelbart)
Text Commentary (Jerry Landers' Trivia Track)
Deleted Scenes (HD)
Outtakes (HD)
Oh God! Retrospective Documentary (All-New, HD)
Trailers and TV Spots (HD)
Cast/Crew Biographies and Filmographies
Archival Interviews with George Burns and John Denver
George Burns: 100 Years of Laughter (From Larry King Live)
George Burns and John Denver at the Kennedy Center Achievement Awards
George Burns and John Denver in Two of A Kind (1981)
George Burns in John Denver’s Montana Christmas Skies (1991)
George Burns: A Century of Laughter (1997, producers, Paul Harris and Sandy Oliveri, 102 minutes)
Alice: Oh, George Burns! (1978, 25 Minutes)
Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: George Burns (May 1978)
Photo Galleries
Production Notes
Oh God! Script
Oh God! Book II Special Features:
Audio Commentary (2013, with Louanne Sirota, Josh Greenfeld, and David Birney)
Text Commentary (Tracy's Trivia Track)
Oh God! Book II Retrospective Documentary (All-New, HD)
Deleted Scenes (HD)
Outtakes (HD)
3 Additional Scenes (From Television Broadcasts)
Trailers and TV Spots (HD)
Cast and Crew Biographies/Filmographies
Photo Galleries
Production Notes
Oh God! Book II Script
Oh God! You Devil Special Features:
Audio Commentary (2013, with Ted Wass and Andrew Bergman)
Text Commentary (Harry Tophet's Trivia Track)
Oh God! You Devil Retrospective Documentary (All-New, HD)
Trailers (the 1984-quality original version, the 2005 remastered version, and a 1080p HD version) and TV Spots
Deleted Scenes (HD)
Outtakes (HD)
Photo Galleries
Cast and Crew Biographies/Filmographies
Production Notes
Oh God! You Devil Script
Ted Wass In-Character Interview: Bobby Shelton Remembers
I need fans of this trilogy to write to Warner Home Video.
Here is Warner's address:
Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
Here is Warner's e-mail webpage:
http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html
Can you help me to send this idea to Warner?

Ratko Mladic

BANNED
Are you really that desperate?This is not really necessary,you now.WB won't change their minds just because of you running around all possible movie forums and posting these requests.Sorry,IMO,it's rather very annoying than productive.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
What was wrong with the topic that already was posted with a poll in that one too?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also Ratko it isn't annoying until it gets posted repetitively on the same forum as this one has been. Otherwise I have no problem with it.
Are you following him around to ask him why he is posting this?
Here is the other topic.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/320026/oh-god-trilogy-blu-ray-edition

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
There's no financial gain to be made from giving lavish special edtions to one ok and two absolutely terrible movies with little to no commercial appeal.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Believe it or not, after at least six postings of this, WHV has responded, and has announced an anniversary box set of all these films to these exact specifications. It is however a 50th anniversary set, and Warner has stipulated that it will be cancelled if this is reposted anytime between now and 2027. :)

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
The last post was a joke, right?
Actually, an insider, who is a friend of this website, heard from them, and told me this: "No plans for BD set this year because sales don’t justify it but there will be a new DVD set this year. Possibly next year if the DVD set sells well."
So the Blu-Ray set may come next year if the new DVD set sells well.
All three movies are still respected on the Internet Movie Database and on Amazon.
Ted Wass and some of his Facebook fans do support this idea.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
No joke. (And now that you have an answer, can you stop posting your laundry list?)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Bob Cashill said:
Believe it or not, after at least six postings of this, WHV has responded, and has announced an anniversary box set of all these films to these exact specifications. It is however a 50th anniversary set, and Warner has stipulated that it will be cancelled if this is reposted anytime between now and 2027. :)
Nice one, Bob. :D

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If they even bother (and that's a big if), WB will probably just spit out new transfers and DTS-HD 1.0 mono with no extras.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I can see this going the Archive route. The 1977 Oh God! was somewhat acclaimed upon its release in 1977-even garnering an Oscar nomination for Carl Reiners screenplay.It also was a Fall blocbuster earning over 30 million from its October opening(perhaps WB biggest hit that year-no small feat considering Exorcist ll: the Heretic was poised to be a huge earner that Summer.
It was also apart of perhaps Teri Garrs best year with Oh! God/ Close Encounters of the Third Kind being released within a month of each other.
Oh! God : Book ll wasnt nearly as successful in 1980 -but did what it set out to do -pander to the kids market. My niece used to watch this constantly on tape in mid 80s.
Oh ! God You Devil was a good deal of fun and was a moderate success in 1984. While neither were big hits- Ted Wass of SOAP fame at least got some exposure (more so taking the "W" off of his last name and showing that in Sheena that Summer).
So -there is a place for these movies. Theres something very fishy that The Incredle Mr.
Limpett can garner a Blray release -but not these -to some- Divine comedies.
Perhaps -if Ellen DeGenneres gets around to remaking Oh! God as it was once announced -there will be resumed interest in the originals. If WB were smart they'd put together two other characters they own - Chandler Bing and Janice from FRIENDS as the innocent advertising man and a Jewish female deity and call it - Oh! -My- God. Courtney Cox as Monica -his wife -of course. David Schwimmer as a Rabbi who disbelieves Chandler. Lisa Kudrow as the daughter of Teri Garr's character from the original -who makes everyone believe . Jennifer aniston as the Rabbi's estranged wife. And Matt leBlanc as Chandlers befuddled best friend Joey who has nightmares about Janice. God's campaign slogan this time to all the disbelievers: "I'll Be There For You".

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
I trust a certain insider ("No plans for BD set this year because sales don’t justify it but there will be a new DVD set this year. Possibly next year if the DVD set sells well.") more than this post: "Believe it or not, after at least six postings of this, WHV has responded, and has announced an anniversary box set of all these films to these exact specifications. It is however a 50th anniversary set, and Warner has stipulated that it will be cancelled if this is reposted anytime between now and 2027. "
I don't think they would actually wait for 15 years to do this.
Besides, Ron Epstein told me in an e-mail, "Warner reads our forum daily, and I think your request will be well-received there."
So please don't make fun of me and my ideas.
Here is the correct other post with a poll: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/320011/oh-god-trilogy-blu-ray-re-post#post_3919923, not http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/320026/oh-god-trilogy-blu-ray-edition (which is a private letter to an insider).

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
"Believe it or not, after at least six postings of this, WHV has responded, and has announced an anniversary box set of all these films to these exact specifications. It is however a 50th anniversary set, and Warner has stipulated that it will be cancelled if this is reposted anytime between now and 2027."
Do you have a source to back that up?

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
Of course he was, I just wanted to make sure.
I actually know the trilogy may be coming to Blu-Ray next year (according to insider Bill Hunt and Warner Brothers).

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Louis Letizia said:
I can see this going the Archive route. The 1977 Oh God! was somewhat acclaimed upon its release in 1977-even garnering an Oscar nomination for Carl Reiners screenplay.It also was a Fall blocbuster earning over 30 million from its October opening(perhaps WB biggest hit that year-no small feat considering Exorcist ll: the Heretic was poised to be a huge earner that Summer.
It was also apart of perhaps Teri Garrs best year with Oh! God/ Close Encounters of the Third Kind being released within a month of each other.
Oh! God : Book ll wasnt nearly as successful in 1980 -but did what it set out to do -pander to the kids market. My niece used to watch this constantly on tape in mid 80s.
Oh ! God You Devil was a good deal of fun and was a moderate success in 1984. While neither were big hits- Ted Wass of SOAP fame at least got some exposure (more so taking the "W" off of his last name and showing that in Sheena that Summer).
So -there is a place for these movies. Theres something very fishy that The Incredle Mr.
Limpett can garner a Blray release -but not these -to some- Divine comedies.
Perhaps -if Ellen DeGenneres gets around to remaking Oh! God as it was once announced -there will be resumed interest in the originals. If WB were smart they'd put together two other characters they own - Chandler Bing and Janice from FRIENDS as the innocent advertising man and a Jewish female deity and call it - Oh! -My- God. Courtney Cox as Monica -his wife -of course. David Schwimmer as a Rabbi who disbelieves Chandler. Lisa Kudrow as the daughter of Teri Garr's character from the original -who makes everyone believe . Jennifer aniston as the Rabbi's estranged wife. And Matt leBlanc as Chandlers befuddled best friend Joey who has nightmares about Janice. God's campaign slogan this time to all the disbelievers: "I'll Be There For You".
LL: I found this whole post from you very sensible and constructive... an oasis of reason... chuckled about the fishy Limpet comment, agree with that, too. Very clever and not so farfetched Friends idea.
Obviously too many people regard these forums the way a dog regards a fire hydrant.
Every film has its fans, and the fervor with which people here just love to piss on other people's passion is very sad. Not only is it rude, it serves absolutely no constructive purpose. Only reason I can see is the pisser gets a kick out of feeling superior, which just makes them another church lady doing her superior dance. As for posting a huge laundry list of desired extras, regardless of how unlikely it is that they all would be included, why not at least make a studio aware of the possibilities? If even one ends up getting added that might not have been, it was worth mentioning.
And as God said: "Piss not on others, lest ye be pissed on." Unless you're into that sort of thing. In which case you're on the wrong forum.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
NY2LA said:
LL: I found this whole post from you very sensible and constructive... an oasis of reason... chuckled about the fishy Limpet comment, agree with that, too. Very clever and not so farfetched Friends idea.
Obviously too many people regard these forums the way a dog regards a fire hydrant.
Every film has its fans, and the fervor with which people here just love to piss on other people's passion is very sad. Not only is it rude, it serves absolutely no constructive purpose. Only reason I can see is the pisser gets a kick out of feeling superior, which just makes them another church lady character. As for posting a huge laundry list of desired extras, regardless of how unlikely it is that they all would be included, why not at least make a studio aware of the possibilities? If even one ends up getting added that might not have been, it was worth mentioning.
And as God said: "Piss not on others, lest ye be pissed on." Unless you're into that sort of thing. In which case you're on the wrong forum.
No one should ever feel the need to defend their film choices or be embarasssed by them-especially on a board of movie lovers. I'vve learned alot about film and film history from the cinematic league of gentleman on this board -of which i am grateful. So it serves an educational purpose -but it should also be a place to turn to and escape from lifes anxieties without feeling anxious-sort of like what movies are supposed to do.
Criticism is good-it spurs conversations-but, like a girl (or guy) you may have dated which no one likes but you or being embarassed because your Dad wears a funny hat to your hs graduation -you must be true to yourself and not care what others think. Its all in jest and good fun most of the time-its a natural club thing to do.
I'll defend my love of Sheena and Harlow- no matter what anyone says-and would campaign for Bluray releases of each.
Oh! God and its sequels is no less a choice for Bluray than Smokey and the Bandit and its inferior sequels. Now if Universal could only loan Tim Matheson to WB as his Animal House character doing commentary on the discs - we can have a catch phrase title for the Blu Ray packaging: The Oh! God, Oh! God, Oh! God Trilogy with Divine Intervention commentary by Tim Matheson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks