What's new

Cameron Might Reboot 'Terminator' Franchise (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd be the first in line to see a new Cameron Terminator but at this point, I want to see him do an original idea. Not to mention that by the time Cameron has time to make a new Terminator movie, he'd probably not be able to use Arnold (and with the Avatars and at his current rate of work, Cameron will be about 104 years old by the time he'd make this).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I have a real affinity for works that explore machine intelligence ( i.e. Colossus: The Forbin Project, 2001: A Space Odyssey, or Jonathan Nolan's Person of Interest and Westworld series) so I would definitely be on board for a revisit to the franchise that focuses more upon the development of Skynet / Legion.

Travis makes a good point about the use of original cast members, so I would expect a complete reboot of the series' cast. Perhaps another timeline where the T-800 is portrayed by someone else? (If Alan Ritchson isn't busy filming another season of Reacher, he would have the appropriate physique. :) )

- Walter.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I vote nay on a reboot. I have a soft spot for the original Terminator- I like it more than Judgement Day, due to it having a better script, and more thrilling action sequences, even on a fraction of the budget.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
While I would love to see another Cameron Terminator film, I agree that an original idea would be better.

Also, if you’ve seen the bonus scene from T2 where Sarah Connor is on a park bench, with a voiceover that says Judgment Day never happened, that’s probably the best (or most hopeful) ending to the series.

YANG

Screenwriter
I vote nay on a reboot. I have a soft spot for the original Terminator- I like it more than Judgement Day, due to it having a better script, and more thrilling action sequences, even on a fraction of the budget.
be it just a single reboot to the initial TERMINATOR or a franchise of trilogy or anthology with new Actor or character as "A.I" implies... that would be for the new generation folks.
While I would love to see another Cameron Terminator film, I agree that an original idea would be better.

Also, if you’ve seen the bonus scene from T2 where Sarah Connor is on a park bench, with a voiceover that says Judgment Day never happened, that’s probably the best (or most hopeful) ending to the series.
an overall re-do of TERMINATOR series base on the original plot structure may... be boring to younger generation audience, because the current anthology should have been re-played in public broadcast over and over again for years.
Please no.

But yeah, if he makes it I'll see it.
for us who grown old along with the initial TERMINATOR released in cinemas in the late 80s, we should be taking the reboot as a pinch of salt as the impression of "real TERMINATOR" lives with us till the day our life candle ceased to light... the "new TERMINATOR" will continue to grow with another generation.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We Won’t see another Terminator for a decade at The rate Cameron is going.
I’ll be about 70 and don’t know if I’d even care by then.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Haven't we already had enough Terminator reboots? Cameron even produced the last one himself.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I don't know why they keep going back to Terminator. It's been a steady money loser since Terminator 3. I don't know why they think they can suddenly turn it around. After so many failed films, the franchise itself is now a joke.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
What say you... should he, or should it be left alone?

The answer, which to me seems pretty obvious, is the title of this thread should be James Cameron will not be rebooting Terminator.

I mean, I know what his idea is here, which is to take part in the cash grab of franchises and reboots, and sequels but I am not interested personally. However, that's his safest path to try to make money and so, who can tell him not to take it.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I see no reason for a Terminator remake but a prequel installment similar to what Prometheus was for the Alien franchise might be a great idea.

YANG

Screenwriter
prequel to Michael Biehn Terminator could be easy to source on getting faces that no audience could recognize. but when it comes to background... the whole production design could get very costly, unless... it is set in futuristic world, and the character in focus, falls just on the T-1000 itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks