Cable and antenna

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by CalvinCarr, Mar 16, 2004.

1. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

I need to run about 60 feet of sub woofer cable through the walls and ceiling. What cable should I use.

Also do the Terk amplified antenna's really work?

2. Scott*B

Scott*B Stunt Coordinator

I'll let someone else chime in on the cable but Terk's are overpriced and rarely work very well. What are you looking to do? Antenna for TV or radio? I'm sure there are better options than Terk.

3. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

I'm looking to pull in more signal than with my dipole type antenna. I recently moved further from town and am between two areas and would like to try and pick more up as well as pull in the weaker stations that I used to listen to. Is there something I could put in my attic? I remember back in the day my father had a square type of antenna in the attic of our apartment for his C.B. radio and it worked well legally with no amp.

4. Scott*B

Scott*B Stunt Coordinator

I'd got to Radio Shack and buy a FM antenna. I'm assuming that's what your looking for correct? FM radio reception? Put it in the attic and just adjust it to pull in the stations you want. I've got my antenna for HDTV reception in my attic and with a preamp I pull in stations 60 miles away at a great signal strength.