What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Only the original 1989 CAV Laserdiscs were uncensored IIRC. They did a repressing around 1995 that touched the Benny crash scene up.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Only the original 1989 CAV Laserdiscs were uncensored IIRC. They did a repressing around 1995 that touched the Benny crash scene up.

Even the laserdisc was missing Betty Boop's wardrobe malfunction (though that apparently turned up in a European TV broadcast, in HD no less).

At this point, I think there are only three changes that I know of for sure:

- Baby Herman's finger (on original LD & VHS; erased on subsequent versions)
- Betty Boop's breasts (never included in any home video version)
- Jessica's underwear (on original LD & VHS; repainted on later laserdisc & first DVD; reanimated on subsequent versions)

And honestly, they don't bother me too much. I've seen the film multiple times in theaters over the years, but I don't think I would ever have noticed these without reading about it online (maybe Betty, but that's still blink-and-you-miss-it).

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Even the laserdisc was missing Betty Boop's wardrobe malfunction (though that apparently turned up in a European TV broadcast, in HD no less).

At this point, I think there are only three changes that I know of for sure:

- Baby Herman's finger (on original LD & VHS; erased on subsequent versions)
- Betty Boop's breasts (never included in any home video version)
- Jessica's underwear (on original LD & VHS; repainted on later laserdisc & first DVD; reanimated on subsequent versions)

And honestly, they don't bother me too much. I've seen the film multiple times in theaters over the years, but I don't think I would ever have noticed these without reading about it online (maybe Betty, but that's still blink-and-you-miss-it).

I believe an appearance of Michael Eisner's home telephone number was the first thing erased from all home video editions.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
This is one release I will wait until I read the reviews. To me as I remember it never looked that great due to the special effects limitations at the time so I think I will stick w the blu-ray unless reviewed otherwise.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
This is one release I will wait until I read the reviews. To me as I remember it never looked that great due to the special effects limitations at the time so I think I will stick w the blu-ray unless reviewed otherwise.
Assuming its the same master as the one on Disney+, it looks OK. Not great but not terrible.

Sound is really weak though.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I believe an appearance of Michael Eisner's home telephone number was the first thing erased from all home video editions.

I've read so many variations of this, it's all blended into subreality at this point.

The one thing for sure is it was never on LD, VHS or any other Home Video release.
I've read variations that this was in the pre-release material but removed before theatrical releases -- I could believe that sicne plenty of stuff like that were once meant only for insider jokes anywy.

I've it may have been in some of the initial prints, but was discovered early on and the prints were fixed before too many copies had been distributed. Again -- not that hard to believe,

I've heard it was in most original print runs and left in and wasn't discovered for quite a while. This I have a bit harder time believing since as far as I can find not a single frame/cell has surfaced proving it existed. With all the various prints that were sent out, surely some one would have found this and sold it to the highest bidder. Even a multi-millionaire would have been overjoyed to share this with his buddies at some point rather than hide it completely in a vault where only he knew about it.

Or it could be a true urban legend and it never existed at all except Tall Tales that keep expanding until thousands of people are convinced they actually saw the number. There Are Four Lights

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I've read so many variations of this, it's all blended into subreality at this point.

I've seen the film a number of times on 35mm, and I've never noticed a phone number in that scene. (Though of course, that shouldn't be taken as conclusive proof of anything. :) )

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
All of you pushing the Disney/John Waters connections missed the most obvious one:

serial mom_0.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks