What's new

Bulimia, just a different way !!! (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
"A new weight loss device offers a novel approach to cutting calories: draining them from the stomach before they are fully digested.

The AspireAssist system consists of a thin tube implanted in the stomach, connecting to an outside port on the skin of the belly. About 20 minutes after finishing a meal, users connect the port to an external device, which drains some of the recently-consumed food into the toilet."

Wow, will marketers, scientists, hucksters, etc. ever end with some of the most disgusting "inventions" ever?

"Look honey, I can eat whatever I want, just mechanical barfing a little later". Yuck, so disgusting.

How about a simple term called "self control".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
To be fair, this is only approved for use on very heavy adults (BMI > 35) as a last resort to avoid bariatric surgery. It's not being marketed as some kind of quick diet fix.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
My response to this thread would likely violate the spirit if not the prohibition against P&R on this board. Let me just say flatly that I reject Stan's final line in it's entirety and leave it at that. The belief that diet is fully manageable by self control at this point is part of the reason that we have MORE obesity rather than less. Shame is not an effective solution either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks