What's new

Bryston 9bst vs 9bsst=worth the extra $? (1 Viewer)

Bruce.sb

Grip
Hi guys-- well i decided on the bryston for my amp needs.

Only question i have is the 9bst vs 9bsst... I can get the st for 2450 vs 3100 for the sst. From what i read and hear-- there is no sonic difference-- just some circuitry and a change to the heat sink--- is it worth $600.00 for the difference?

John-Tompkins--- you out there?--lol seems like you might have an opinion here--

thanks for all your help guys.

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Well if it helps the 4bst -> 4bsst made a significant difference to my ears. I haven't had opportunity to compare the 9's

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
I was also looking at the bryston- and demo'd one in my listening room for 2 weeks, but settled on the Sherbourn 7/2100. Same mono block design with more power for the added headroom. I also only need 5 channels, so I am bridging 2 of the 7 channels and doubled the power.

If you are still looking at the bryston 9 in particular, just get the ST. There is no audible difference between the ST and SST in the 9B. That can not be said for the 4B though.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Bruce,

I havent had a chance to listen to the new sst models yet. Im always trying to save a buck wherever I can, so wanted to let you know that the lexicon NT series of amps are the Bryston st amps (EXACTLY) except that the lexicon is thx certified, My friend just bought his lex 512 ( 9bst) for 1600.00 shipped!..The only difference is that the lex only carries a 5 year warranty...if you look around today (quickly, hint, hint)..you may find some GREAT deals on lex nt amps..Note: the lex 312 is a 3 channel version of the 3bst, 212 is the 3bst)..if money is an issue at all with you I wouldnt hesitate for one minute. If money isnt too much of an issue at the prices you quoted I would just go ahead and step up to the sst versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks