What's new

Bridezellas 1/27/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've always been amazed at how *some* think it's a better idea to blow what amounts to more than a substantial downpayment on a house on a one day event that really doesn't need to be the circus it always turns out to be. How does anyone justify a $100,000 wedding?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Especially considering that most will be divorcing in the not so distant future. Weddings are a waste. There are many other, more meaningful ways to celebrate love than dropping tens of thousands of dollars on a lot of pomp and circumstance.

Josh O

Agent
No kidding. I was absolutely FLOORED at the amount of money they were spending for these weddings.

Good God, our entire wedding cost less than some of these girls' dresses... and we (and our guests) had a great time. :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, the women's magazines are selling this dream to their readers, it's like "if you don't have at least a $20K+ wedding you're a loser". Of course it's gonna affect them.

Then again, there are people in this forum who are no strangers to spending money on things that are terrible investments.

I guess as long as you feel it's worth it, go ahead.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
And these ladies weren't even very serious Bridezillas. Very tame in comparison with what I've read and experienced in real life. The only examples in the show I saw of flirting with big time Bridezilla status was when Julia (Obsessive Bride #1) wanted to make sure her guest was wearing the champagne-colored dress and when the New York Neurotic (Name escapes me, but had 6 dress fittings) starts freaking out at the W hotel over her 20 minute 'cocktail hour.'

I think out of all the brides featured, Miho takes the honor of creepiest Bridezilla.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Funny, I know one of the "bridezillas," Cynthia, the actress, neurotic #2, and thought she held up rather well with the stress of planning a wedding and having a TV crew follow her around. Apparently, the show was originally supposed to be called "Manhattan Brides," but they determined in the editing room that these people were crazy and renamed the show Bridezillas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks