What's new

Brand new B&K 507. Doesn't turn on via remote while on Sleep mode. Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, i got my B&K 507 this past Monday and set it up late Monday without incident. Used it a little Tuesday. Now, late Wednesday night, just turned it on for the first time today, using the remote to try to turn on the 507 from the usual "sleep" mode, it won't turn on. even pushing the sleep button (which was lit up in blue) didn't do anything.

so i decided to push the master on/off switch on the right side of the front panel of the 507. after a minute, i turned it back on. now, the receiver turns on and off normally again.

anyone else with the same experience? this is a highly complex unit, i read much of the manual, maybe i missed something in the manual?

thanks!

my direct email is: [email protected]

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, this happens to me ALL THE TIME. It really pisses me off. I've had to wait upwards of 15 minutes with the things unplugged before it would come back on. I have version 1.3 of the firmware. Wish I knew what the hell the problem was.

Later,
Jeff

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

Last thing that I heard about 1.4 was that all it did was monkey with something about how a certain THX parameter was reported and was basically just for B&K debug efforts. Can't recall where I heard that... possibly AVSforum. I'll take a peek over there tonight if I get a chance and let you know.

Later,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks