What's new

Bonaroo Music Festival 2003 concert DVD (1 Viewer)

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
If you're thirtysomething and stuck on classic rock re-issues like I was, then you MUST check out the "Bonaroo 2003" concert DVD. This is the best music I've heard in many years. Excellent musicians of different races, influences, and styles all jamming it up on stage. Two discs and three hours of some of the best music I've ever heard. It also has a DTS soundtrack, which is a huge plus. I've discovered 8 new bands and bought 11 CD's within the last two weeks of watching this concert. I recognized only a few of the bands when I bought this DVD, but based on reviews, scooped it up...the wisest musical choice I've made since high school ;)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Wait until you pick up Bonnaroo 2002.

My only problem with the latest set is that my 3 most anticipated performances (Antibalas, Medeski Martin & Wood and Tortoise) weren't actually live. The music was their live performances, but it was matched either to scenes of the band playing other tunes or with crowd scenes within the festival grounds. Fine as a documentary, but not as good for alive performance film.

Still, great music and a set well worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks