What's new

BM 6.1 Channel Inputs on MARANTZ SR-7300 (1 Viewer)

Robert Sun

Agent
Can anyone tell me if the Marantz SR7300 has Bass Management on its Analogue 6.1 inputs?

Trying to set up a Pioneer DV47ai and read if your receiver has BM on it's 6.1 inputs its better.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Robert, I have a 7300 OSE (same manual) I traded for a few weeks back. I will eventually use it in my basement and have not done much to it except hook it to a pair of speakers to test. Page 22 of the manual had the bottom would seem to indicate that the bass management is not in effect for either stereo direct or multi-channel input. Page 26 at the top seems to indicate there are level controls for the multi-channel input.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have owned the 6200, and used the 5300, 6300, 7300 and currently own an 8300. None of them can use BM on the multi-channel inputs.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe some of the current H/Ks and possibly some of the higher Denons are capable of this.

All this means is, if you are using these inputs, your source should have decent BM. What is the application?

Robert Sun

Agent
John,
I've read the Pioneer DV47ai like alot of Universal players has poor BM and there was a suggestion to get a receiver to do all the BM for better sound for SACD DVDA.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you can swing it, the Denon 2200 has decent BM. ICBM is another good idea, and will cost you less, including the player, than the 2200, but the 2200 also has excellent picture quality. I'm very pleased with mine. I'm thinking about doing the ICBM myself for my 222ES. The nice thing about going with the ICBM is, you can still use a digital connection for movies if you like, allowing the AVR to handle BM for them, though once tweaked, you may find the ICBM to be better. The 7300 will likely have better DACs than the 47a for non-hirez material though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks