What's new

Bi-amping on the Denon 2805 (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I read the review of the Denon 3805 from avs forum and it mentioned that it has the ability to bi-amp the front speakers thereby giving you 120x2, does anyone know if the same thing can be done with the 2805? Of course it would be 100x2 on the 2805 if it works.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Yes and no. It is kind of a work around. You take the pre-amp outputs for the main channels and put them into an unused source. Then assign that source to Zone 2. Use the power amp assign to assign the surround back channel amps to Zone 2. Then hook up the surround back speaker outputs to the 2nd set of binding posts on the speakers.
The only problem is that every time you change the volume, you have to change the volume for zone 2 as well, and there is no way to link them.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
The article mentioned using Zone 3 instead, this way zone 2 is free in case you want to use it, and you are less likely to change the settings. Because of the set up, if I am not mistaken, zone 3's volume would either increase or decrease the bass of the mains.

I am glad to hear though that it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks