What's new

BF1942 mp demo install= crc error?? (1 Viewer)

Patrick_L

Second Unit
when i try and run the setup.exe for MP demo i get "could not initialize installation (crc)".

what the heck is that and what do i do now? i've d/loaded the file from two different places now....

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
You may need to update or replace your video card.

I tried installing the single player game on my machine which had a Voodoo 5 64meg card and it would not install. I researched it a bit on the net and apparenlty the game does not support Voodoo cards.

I then went out and purchased a new card Visiontek Xtasy 128meg Geforce 4 ti4600 card and then was able to install the game and play it. I have not tried to install the multiplayer, but i am looking forward to playing it.

Paul

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Try updating your virusscanner first. You might be infected if the installer keeps telling you that the crc isn't correct on both downloads.

Patrick_L

Second Unit

just for sh*ts and giggles i ran my virus scan just after my first attempt at the install and came up with nothing. i've had no problems installing a couple of other programs the past week, and now this?? what does CRC mean anyway??

Patrick_L

Second Unit
heh, not a stupid question, just a basic one...
and no i'm not trying to run the patch...i've got the patch in a zip seperate from the 130ish mb executable.
btw, thanks for the link - good info. i'll have to find some other links to the d/load. haven't had much time today since SOCOM has been taking up alot of my time :)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I got it from EA Australia (link is one EA's official site). Was smoking fast, and worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks