What's new

BetterCables vs BlueJeans (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Any difference between a BetterCables S-Video cable and a BlueJeans S-Video other than the spelling. Thanks

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had any experience with BetterCables but I do own quite a few Blue Jeans Cables and I absolutely love their build quality and price, plus shipping is very quick.

Bill

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I wouldnt worry about nuance of quality with composite or svideo cables. These both have been around since the 1940's and good coax & connectors have been common for years.

Jumping to progressive video or HD video - then you want a higher-bandwidth coax. I'm happy to say that both BlueJeans and BetterCables know what they are doing.

I would have to give the nod to BlueJeans because Kurt (the owner of BlueJeans) is a member here and he provides great service and advice to our members. He will do well for you, or return your money if you dont like the cables.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have picked up several cables from Blue Jeans Cables and couldn't be happier with the results. I have used them for composite, component and HDMI and would use them again in a heart beat.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Thanks for all replies. Parker I also have had very good experiences with Blue Jeans, recently purchased HDMI/DVI cable from them that was not compatable with my TV, returned it and received an instant refund no questions asked. Have also purchased component and audio cables from Blue Jeans which I am very happy with.

James D S

Screenwriter
I've ordered many Blue Jeans Cables and each time I'm impressed with the customer service and their quick shipment time.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Is thier really a difference? I have bought and used so many so called high quality cables over the years. Yet I still have Radio Shack's top of the line stuff. I will be damed if I can tell the difference. I have rewired so many times. Monster was the rave,then something else. My stuff is pretty high end, but still think cables are way more hype than performance. Opinions welcome.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I vote Bluejeans. The component cables I got from them are the best I've used so far, and they were among the lowest cost. It is S-vid...there isn't going to be a significant difference between two quality cables.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

Yes, there IS a lot of hype and junk-science used to scare people into buying over-priced copper.

But .. there is a big difference in the 19" tube televisions we grew up with, and a 60" HDTV (or a front projector). The new higher def formats and bigger screen sizes makes things more sensitive to the cables.

You just have to make sure you spend $60 for the component cable from a HD source to the TV, and use the less expensive cables for the old family VCR or Nintendo system. These lower-def sources wont benefit from the higher-bandwidth cables.

The custom websites sell you the stuff that is sold in bulk to ABC, NBC and broadcast studios. It tends to be less expensive than retail, and has the technical specs you want.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

Phooey. Any cheap component video cable, < $20, can handle HD bandwidth perfectly fine for the typical lengths involved. Guarantee it will be impossible to notice any difference in sharpness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks