What's new

best Paradigm dealer NYC/NoNJ area 4 price, service (1 Viewer)

Iver

Second Unit
Maybe it's the language barrier, but the guys at Audio/Video Center at Grand and Bowery get a confused look when anything but "full retail" is mentioned in reference to Paradigm product.

Any suggestions for Paradigm dealers with exceptional price, selection, and/or service in NYC/Northern NJ area would be most welcome.

KeithR

Second Unit
Go to Sound City of NYC on 45th between 5th and 6th.

Talk to Steve, and you will get a great deal. You can mention Keith Rochelli sent you if need be. Not the nicest place to demo, but you get a deal done there.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
6th Ave Electronics has Paradigm Studio line, and will discount to make a sale. Give them a shot. I know they have a few stores up north.... Speak to Richard Sladek if you go to the Paramus store. He knows me well. :D

Iver

Second Unit
^^^^^^^

Any feedback will of course be most appreciated.

I know of at least one other person on HTF looking for a good Paradigm dealer in the city, so the helpfulness of your advice will be doubled!

KeithR

Second Unit
Iver,

Did you talk to Steve? You should have those p'digms in your HT by now!

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Did you talk to Steve? You should have those p'digms in your HT by now!
not necessarily. went down there on Saturday to pick up a whole setup that I was assured were in. not the case. I had canceled a trip for the long weekend just so I could hook everything up too. pretty disappointed and not particularly impressed. the items hadn't been sold either. just not in stock, despite being told they were.

it's rare I get myself ready for purchase and I had credit card in hand. unfortunately now I have time to rethink the whole decision (store, equipment, etc.).

Iver

Second Unit
Thank you for the tip Keith. I just went for a quick recon at Sound City today.

With minimal seriousness expressed on my part, the salesguy did offer something off list on the CC-170 and CC-270 but on the Atom and Focus he quoted full retail.

I'll have to ask for the gentleman who you mentioned but serious negotiating is going to have to wait a bit anyway (until after the cat's operation, at a very minimum).

Bill, sorry to hear about the mixup on your speakers.

I have also suffered from the upgraditis syndrome, recently torturing myself for weeks before buying my receiver -- no, not torture over big issues like 5.1 vs 6.1 or anything else like that, just over the Denon 1602 or the Onkyo SR500 -- and I can only imagine the state of apoplexy into which I would be plunged if I were to have journeyed all the way to J&R only to be told they had sold the last of the Denons.

I will e-mail you the price quotes I got today, if that helps at all. I still have not checked out any other dealers though I suspect Sound City has the best prices in the city, if you are willing to haggle a bit with them.

If your e-mail is not up just e-mail me and I will send the info back to you.

We Onion readers have to stick together!

KeithR

Second Unit
I've worked with Steve for 4 years and have referred him thousands in business (and bought thousands too). Funny thing is that I don't get a better deal usually than any friends/people i refer. Don't work with anyone else at that store btw in audio, as they don't set the final pricing.

Sorry to hear the speakers weren't there, Lou, but Steve always makes an error right. Also, he has a pretty liberal return policy for a place that discounts. Try Harvey's next door for a complete waste of space and the worst service in the biz

Iver

Second Unit
Thanks for the reference Keith. I just bought my Paradigms from Steve and was very positively impressed with the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks