1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best DVD player that supports dual layer DVD-Rs?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Kevin Robinson, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Kevin Robinson

I've recently aquired a dual layer DVD burner and have been experimenting with burning dual layer DVD-Rs. My old Denon DVD player (DVD-1000) won't accept them at all. My secondary player, a cheap Daewoo, will play them but as you would expect, the picture quality is not the best. I was considering upgrading my DVD player anyway. Can anyone recommend a great player in the $300-$500 range that will also play my new dual layer DVD-Rs? Or is this pretty standard on most newer players?
    Thanks.

2. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

Pretty standard as long as you finalize the media, but dual layer DVDs are only available currently in +R format.

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

There's a pretty comprehensive list over at videohelp.com on which models play what disks... along with some insightful user reviews.

4. Chris-C

Chris-C Stunt Coordinator

Blank DL -r's are available now too.....I got em

CC

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I've seen the -RDLs at Fry's, but only from that cheap "GQ" brand- will they work on any dual-layer drive?

Strangely enough my 7-year old Pioneer DVL-909 can play burned dual-layer discs, but my cheap Chinese player which plays everything else won't play them.