What's new

Best dvd player for new TV (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
Ok I am in need of some assistance now. I just got my new Mitsubishi 46809, now I need to get a progressive scan dvd player. I am currently using my old Sony dvd sp530d. Its just not cutting it anymore. I haved looked at some dvd players and am not sure which ones will give the best picture quality. And I am not sure at which features to look at for picture quality. Right now I am looking at the Panasonic rp82. It looks like it has everything I need plus has dvd-a which is nice. Can you point me to any other dvd players that will give the best picture quality. I don't need much in the way of features as long as the picture is as good as it gets.

Thanks for your help

Nick L

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Nick,

Do you have a sense of roughly how much you'd like to spend? I ask because, for instance, the Ayre unit probably has one of the finest images but it's more than $5K with progressive. There are some good Kenwood players for over $1K. And still a bunch of things for $500 or less that might fit your needs (such as the RP-82 or RP-91, or the older RP-56).

Do you have any other specifics you'd like other than progressive? Good audio out (in analog)? multi-disc capability? Certain zoom features?

Nick L

Second Unit
I am looking to keep it under the $500 mark. And there are really no other features I am looking for besides good progressive picture. I may use it for a while to play audio cd's and would like the ability to play dvd-audio, but thats not overly important. I don't really know what zoom features are gonna do for me and don't want a mutlidisc player. Right now I have my eye on the RP82, since its cheap and looks like it will be a good player.
Let me know if I am missing one that looks like a winner.

Nick L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks