1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best DVD Changer for under $300

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ashford Little, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Ashford Little

Ashford Little Stunt Coordinator

I need a bit of advise for my in-laws. They are looking to replace a broken CD player and I advised them that they could get a DVD/CD player for not much more. So I'm looking for some advise as to a good and reliable player. Qualifications, none really, these people don't know or care about DVD-Audio, progressive scan and wouldn't understand a "chroma-bug" if I spent an hour on the subject.
    Just a decent changer. Reliability is a feature most needed.
    Thanks

2. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

Panasonic dvd-cv51 ($250 all over the place. You can probably find it cheaper somewhere). You might still be able to find last year's dvd-cv50 for even less. There's also last year's Pioneer DVC-503 ($189 at bestbuy.com right now). I've had the Pioneer for a few months. I haven't given it heavy play but it seems good for now. It received decent praise in HTF for being a low price player. All of the above are 5 disk changers.