What's new

Best Buy 'Manhunter' sale: Any luck with this? (1 Viewer)

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, all,

I was at Best Buy's site tonight, checking to see if they had any new digital coupon offers (picked up "Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron" for my six year-old), and I noticed that they were having a "Hannibal sale". When I clicked on that link, one of the movies listed was "Manhunter (2Pk)" for $17.99, which is listed on the site with a SRP of $38.99. Is this the same as the (now discontinued) 2-disc limited edition version, with the director's cut on the second disc? The cover scan was different, but the SRP seems to match up.

Just curious to see if anyone else had ordered this version at Best Buy, and what you actually received.

Thanks!

- Bob P.

Wow....thanks for posting this Bob!
I took a chance and ordered this last week (while they had the additional sale going on-line) and got it for $16.92 shipped. It arrived today and it is indeed the limited edition...#5406/100,000.
I had held off buying this before because of the price. Very good deal.:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Huh! It's supposed to be the 1-disc movie-only edition for that price. Excellent deal; snatch it before they figure it out! :laugh:

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

I don't think so. I saw the 1-disc version at Best Buy on Sunday for $12.99, they had a whole bunch of them.

James D

Second Unit
I think that Anchor Bay might be blowing out some of their older limited edition DVDs. I know that they just dropped the list price for the limited edition of Suspiria to $29.99 from $44.99.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Great find Bob :emoji_thumbsup:, thanx, we're talking 70% off list not bad at all. I've also been waiting for quiet some time on a clearance deal on MH just like some of the other limited editions I picked up for 50% or more off including *The Beyond, and *Two Lane Blacktop :) Definitely a no brainer w/free shipping, snatch one up while you can because once they're gone that's it.
bodym:cool:v'n

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
At my local Best Buy they had about twenty of these out on the shelves, so you guys might want to check your B&M

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Best Buy often has great sales on Anchor Bay limited discs. A while back I picked up Repo Man LE for $19.99, and after that they had The Beyond LE for $14.99!!!

SusanO

Agent
In Houston last week Greenspoint and Galleria area Best Buy locations had the 2 disc Manhunters for $17.99 (Galleria had a bunch of 'em - it's the store on Richmond near where 59 and 610 split off from each other so it might be worth braving the construction hell for you Houstonians). The single discs are $12.99.

YMMV as I see that once again BB raised prices in time for the preferred customer sale (I have been doing catalog purchases at Borders where for example I found The Thin Man and Auntie Mame for $14.99 each BEFORE 10% off coupons - Best Buy at the Galleria had neither title).

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the responses! Glad to hear that this is actually the 2-disc set. I'm still waiting for mine in the mail.... :frowning:
BTW, I don't say this often enough, but of all the areas on HTF, this forum is one of my most favorite, both for the people and the great information. I don't like to let a day go by without checking in. So, once again, thanks! :emoji_thumbsup:
- Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks