What's new

Best Buy DVD pricing mistake at cash register again and again..... (1 Viewer)

The comment about Michigan law made earlier is correct. I just bought Jurassic Park III last night at Wal Mart. It was marked $16.88 (Which is a pretty good price), however it rang up $18.88. I then went to the Customer Service desk, showed my reciept. I got the difference ($2) plus 10x the difference up to $5. So, got JPIII new for under $12, not a bad deal...plus there is a coupon to get a free DVD (well, $2.25 for postage and handeling) Not a bad deal at all. So, not just BB making errors, buyer beware.

Steve

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
That happen to me once at Best Buy when I was trying to buy F-Zero : Maxium Velocity(Game Boy Advance game) from them for 25 dollar, but they ended up charging me for 30 dollars, which I then left and bought at Toy R Us.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
oh i also Heard that B.B. Bought sam goody's and Musicland.
That was like, around a year ago I think. The same buy that brought them into control of Suncoast, which was ALWAYS sister-chains with Sam Goody and Musicland.
I decided to buy the recalled Jingle All The Way disc today at BB, since they still had a couple of copies hanging on the shelf. I pulled out the $3 off coupon that came with the Demo Disc #1, and they promptly applied the discount.
The punchline is that the disc is $14.99, and the coupon good on Fox items $18.99 or more. I "didn't notice" the restriction, and the lady at the register didn't either. Neat! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks