What's new

Best Buy Bargain on JVC XV-SA75GD (1 Viewer)

Ron Katcher

Agent
Of course, as they say, your mileage may vary but...

I picked myself up a JVC XC-SA75GD progressive scan DVD player for $138.50 on Friday at Best Buy, which is apparently closing out this model. It had been $249.99 just a couple of days earlier. Cheapest price online is $199.98 at JandR.

The Best Buy near my office had the clearance tag up but none left. The clerk happily checked the computer for other stores with this model and showed that the store near my home had 2 (plus the floor model left). I raced over and got the last boxed one, but the clearance tag at this store showed $178.50. It took some amount of time for that store to call the other to verify the clearance (strange, there being a difference since they are only about 10 miles apart), but I did get it for the lower price.

Awesome player, handles all formats (MP3, VCD, SVCD, etc.). Very pleased (especially since BB is selling the new entry level JVC progressive scan for more than this one cost me).

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Wow - that's a deal. I got a region modded version and like it - minus the ergonomics I'm having a time getting used to (had a Panny and Toshiba before - my first JVC.)

Westly T

Second Unit
I checked my Best Buy and all they had was an open box for $158. However they usually have open box items that are more then the new ones on the shelf. I saw another open box DVD that was $50 more then a new one and a open box SACD player that was $25 more then a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks