What's new

Best 5.1 Receiver for Swan Speakers? ($500) (1 Viewer)

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
I've purchased the following 5.1 speaker system: Swan Diva 2.1s, C3, and R3s, with an SVS PB10-ISD sub.

What receiver do you recommend for these speakers in the $500 range? It will be primarily for home theater. I'm looking for something that is also easy to set up and use for novices.

Any comments about:

Pioneer VSX1014TXK
Yamaha HTR5760
Marantz SR5400

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
Try and find last years Marantz 7300. You might be able to find one for $600 if you don't mind spending the extra hundred, but boy will it be worth it.

Mike

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure I gave it a strong recomendation in your speaker thread, but I'll again say the 1014TX would be hard to beat under $500, or under $800 or so even. Unless you're willing to step up to the $800 + price range AND sacrifice some of the newer features (PLIIx, auto calibration & room eq, component upconversion) then I don't think the 1014TX can be beat. If you can afford the step up and want to sacrifice those features for a beast of a receiver then look at the HK 7200.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I got my new 54TX Elite (+ shipping) for less than Stephen's "second" number. I still say get a new "old" receiver if money is an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks