What's new

Question about audio in two rooms... (1 Viewer)

Antonio

Grip
Hello, this is my first post after lurking around a bit :).
I am thinking about buying a home system and am currently looking at the Diva Swans 4.1, C3, and 2.1 sale combo. However, I have trouble finding the right (rather, best) receiver for around $500. Btw, am I doing these speakers a serious injustice by paring them up with a $500 receiver?
I need a receiver that can do 5.1 Dolby Digital decoding and can drive another pair of speakers for the kitchen.
I am looking at the Onkyo TX-595 and in the online manual, I noticed that there are outputs for two pairs of front speakers, A and B to be exact.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but can I just connect the Diva Swans 4.1 to output for front speaker A and then another pair of speakers to the output for front speaker B?
The reason for this is because I would like audio in the kitchen and all of the multiroom/multizone receiver I have looked at costed $800 and upwards.
Any suggestions are heartily welcomed! Thanks in advance!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Welcome!

Yes, you can use the A/B to get a second room going.

You will need a way to control it from the second room, if need be.

Infrared receivers/emitters can be placed in the second room and the remote will work off of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks