What's new

Behringer CX2310 - Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
My local Mars is selling the new Behringer CX2310 for $99, and I'm getting mighty tempted to buy one. It's a stereo two-way 4th order crossover w/xo points from 44Hz to 880Hz (+10x) and an additional mono subwoofer output with xo points from 10Hz to 220Hz.
This piece is cheap and does exactly what I need it to do. but I'd like to hear from anyone who might have experience with either this relatively new model or the older, more expensive but more featured CX3400?
Thanks for any help,
Mark Hayenga
[Edited last by Mark Hayenga on November 03, 2001 at 02:26 PM]

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Mark,
Behringer is a low-end professional brand, not regarded for their high fidelity products. Therefore you should be careful.
I briefly used a pro-crossover in my system a number of years ago, and even though it had excellent specs, I immediately heard coloration: “spitty” sibilants and an upper bass emphasis. Not what I expected for a $350 unit rated flat ±1dB from 20Hz-20kHz. That pretty much soured my on using pro electronics in my home system. So needless to say, I have no confidence in a $99 crossover.
Of course, the CX2310 may be an outstanding unit—stranger things have happened. However, Mark, make sure the dealer offers a liberal return policy, and carefully listen for any aberrations in the sound after you install it.
If it doesn’t work out, check e-bay for an AudioControl Phase Coupled Activator Series III. You can probably pick one up for ~$100. Like the Behringer it features 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filters. I’ve been very happy with mine.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
------------------
My Equipment List

BruceD

Screenwriter
Mark,
Marchand Electronics has a number of highly rated audiophile 2-way stereo crossovers. As an example I bought their XM9-L for $399 and it doesn't color my Dynaudio Contour towers at all (they are crossed to a M&K MX700 sub at 60Hz). I know it's not $99, but it is one of the less expensive audiophile grade. You can also buy it in a kit form for less.
Look at the specs and controls.
crossovers
Bruce
[Edited last by BruceD on November 04, 2001 at 08:59 PM]

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Mark, let me know the results if you try one out. BTW, how was the D-I-Y competiton last weekend?
------------------
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks