What's new

Beatles recordings (New issues and reissues). (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have to admit. When it hit that price...

I...could...resist...no...longer.

I am so weak...
surrender-smiley.gif

I had to hear those surround mixes and those acoustic demos. Hearing fresh versions of songs that have become such chestnuts---so familiar--is a particular treat to me.

Please...don't tell Peg. :D

I would really have enjoyed hearing Scott Atwell's review of this set. :(

And now I wait and see how much further it declines in price (or if it shoots back up).

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have to admit. When it hit that price...

I...could...resist...no...longer.

I am so weak...
surrender-smiley.gif

I had to hear those surround mixes and those acoustic demos. Hearing fresh versions of songs that have become such chestnuts---so familiar--is a particular treat to me.

Please...don't tell Peg. :D

I would really have enjoyed hearing Scott Atwell's review of this set. :(

And now I wait and see how much further it declines in price (or if it shoots back up).

$89.25!!!

Reactions: PMF

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wasn't planning on ordering it. I really want the Sgt. Pepper's set and can't justify both, but I couldn't resist the price. I'm glad I did. Amazon is now out of stock and it is only available through 3rd party sellers at much higher prices.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just got around listening to my set the other day, too, Travis.

So far, I've only cracked open the Blu disc. I've made it through both sets of 5.1 mixes and the PCM stereo mix. Really cool. They all sound great--and in very different ways. I was surprised how different the two surround mixes sounded at times. There were a couple times I thought the vocals got lost in the surround mixes...but it is very possible that I need to revisit the way my receiver was processing the audio. And I also found that those same vocals were also a bit buried in the stereo mix (just a bit overwhelmed by the instrumentation going on around them) so it might have been intentional in the original mixes.

But what a lot of fun. The White Album is probably the Beatles album I spent the least amount of time with as a youngster. BUt what a cool listening experience. Just wish they weren't so expensive. But I get the value attached to such a large comprehensive package, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks