Beastmaster, Directors' Cut, Region 2 DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Miranda, Oct 20, 2002.

1. James Miranda

James Miranda Auditioning

The is a 'Director's Cut' region 2 DVD from Five Star Productions being marketed in the UK. I've inquired to one of the sellers on ebay what the differences are, but he could not really say what scenes were added. I am bit skeptical about any kind of 'director's cut' version of this movie, even as to if one even exists judging by Don Coscarelli's commentary on the regular DVD. Anybody have any input? I am a big fan and would not mind purchasing another DVD if it was in fact a true director's cut.

2. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    James, I had the directors cut on vhs, it had 'directors cut' in big writing on the cover, it's just the original uncut version. When it was first released in the UK it was cut by the censors, violent scenes and some Tanya Roberts nudity was cut [blasphemy!]. It's the same version thats been available in the US for 20 years.
    If you have a multiregion dvd player than opt for the region 1 special edition, you get some good extras plus an easter egg which features MORE Tanya Roberts nudity!![​IMG]

3. James Miranda

James Miranda Auditioning

Already got the special edition. I was just hoping beyond hope there would actually be true 'directors cut' of what Coscarelli had really intended, or as close to that would have been as he was removed from the final editing process.
    I did not know about the Tanya Robert's scenes until your hint. Thanks Steve! [​IMG]