What's new

Pre-Order Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
286720_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 89879

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Who weird is it that this Amazon link has the 4K/UHD with the Blu-ray color of blue on the case. At $19.99, I might buy it now and see if I get the 4K disc at that pricing of $19.99. ;) I suspect there are going to be a separate BD and 4K/UHD releases.

1614163011151.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Even somewhat stranger this release appears to be under the Warner Archives label which would be their 1st 4K item. 19.99 though it does appear to be a 4K only item when their normal BD are 21.99 and 3D packs are 29.99/34.99

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought I saw a mention somewhere of this being remastered.

What would that be and why would this 4 year old movie need to be remastered?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m not sure it “needed” it.

Snyder said he recently saw the existing 4K disc and had two problems with it. He didn’t feel the color red was properly rendered in some shots, and he wanted to include the IMAX framing for the sequences shot in that format.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Snyder said he recently saw the existing 4K disc and had two problems with it.

Wouldn't he have seen the existing disc before now? It feels a little odd that he wouldn't have been given the choice about how to present the IMAX sequences the first time the film was released.

WW84 was presented with the IMAX ratio intact during its HBO Max run. I assume that was because that's how Patty Jenkins wanted it to be presentrd.

As a side note, I saw an IMAX 70mm print of Batman v. Superman at a real, huge museum IMAX screen rather than in one of the "fake" multiplex ones. I didn't like the movie at all, and the 70mm didn't make me like it any better. But that print was really detailed and really cool to see regardless.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like iTunes may be putting this up on their digital version of the ultimate edition.
It isn’t viewable while playing it but if you pause it on certain sections the pause window shows the imax version.

431D2B8C-871E-4779-8C4C-9309AD14414B.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another thing about this release. The original 4K Ultimate Edition release only had the Extended Cut in 4K on disc. The Theatrical Cut was only on BD. Digitally, both cuts are available in 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Who weird is it that this Amazon link has the 4K/UHD with the Blu-ray color of blue on the case. At $19.99, I might buy it now and see if I get the 4K disc at that pricing of $19.99. ;) I suspect there are going to be a separate BD and 4K/UHD releases.

View attachment 89881
I never did buy this as my digitals for both versions on iTunes, MA and Vudu have upgraded to 4K with the IMAX framing that Snyder wanted.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The 4K title is not available at ANY of the big retailers. Amazon: Ships in 1 to 2 months. Target: Sold Out. Best Buy: Sold Out and "Image Coming Soon" placeholder for the cover art. I pre-ordered at Amazon on March 5th and it hasn't shipped with no indication of when it WILL ship, other than "Arriving March 29-April 21". WTF?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s being handled by Warner Archive as a “soft” release, so basically small print runs with the official release date being more of a loose goal than a hard and fast rule.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Watched this yesterday on Movies Anywhere in preparation for my review of Zack Snyder's Justice League. Happy to see that nearly all digital retailers upgraded their copies to this newly remastered edition, as I had the original digital UHD release.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I agree, that was a pleasant surprise. Especially helpful to those like me who are still HD rather than UHD, since there’s no Blu-ray edition of this remastered version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks