What's new

Batman: Dead End Comic Con Movie, WOW! (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I just downloaded the short, I thought it was absolutely atrocious. Fan film or not it was very poorly acted and was nothing but a 5 minute fight scene that was uninteresting. Whoever said the guy who made it will be trying to use it as a demo-reel has to be kidding. :thumbsdown:

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
It was great for a fan film, but overall it was pretty poorly shot and acted. I don't think people should get so excited over it.
I think people are excited about this film because despite no real writing (just rehashing of other source material) and no real budget this film is about 1000 times better than Batman 2-4. I still love the first batman because it was an original take on the icon, but I do see why some don't like Tim Burton's "re-imagining" of Batman.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
don't know how that could be considered to be better than any of the Hollywood Batman films.
Mood, atmosphere and no rubber nipples on the Batsuit. I certainly wouldn't say its better than Batman Returns and probably not Batman Forever either, which I kind of liked. Better than Batman & Robin? Well, sure, it was like an hour and 45 minutes shorter!:D

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
The mood and atmosphere isn't to hard to right when you find a dark alley and a rain machine :) Batman and Batman Returns are just as dark in tone than that Fan-Film. Forever was still better than the short. I'll agree on Batman & Robin in mood and tone, that was far to 'flashy' for Batman. Though the short film had dialog just as bad if not worse than B&R.

I'm just glad that I am not alone in thinking this Fan-Film was really bad.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I thought it was OK. All Joker would have been fine for me.

Interesting thing about Batman is that he's a master of many martial arts styles, yet they never really have him do any of it in the films. But since the Matrix arrived, every superhero fights that way. Bats should have been doing it from the beginning.

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting thing about Batman is that he's a master of many martial arts styles, yet they never really have him do any of it in the films. But since the Matrix arrived, every superhero fights that way. Bats should have been doing it from the beginning.
This is so true. :frowning:

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Well heres my two cents:

Batman-Looked ok but not fantastic.Kinda corny actually.

Joker- Friggin Boner Stabone(sp?) from Growing Pains fer crying out loud! How could they honestly let this guy play Joker? He was god aweful! No wonder he hasnt done anything in awhile!

Aliens & Predator- WAY over the top. Batarang shattering the Predator's claws?!?! WTF?!? An Alien's head exploding right over Batmans face and he survives?!? He would have no head left once the acid hits him!

Direction? Please,anyone on this forum could make a better movie than this clown. I was severely disapointed,I'll have to be more skeptical next time someone says a fan film was good.

Luis S

Shane D

Supporting Actor
Is that really boner from growing pains? I thought it was chekov from star trek son. Are they one and the same person?

Nevermind, I just looked him up and they are the same.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Wouldn't the predator's weapon cauterize the wound, and thus there would eb no bleeding?
Hmmm...I don't think that's the way the Predator's weapon behaves in the movies. The most obvious example would be when it shoots Blaine, splattering his blood over the face of the girl. Mac (Bill Duke) was also the recipient of a fairly bloody head shot.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
The Predators canon is a bit messy. More like a rocket launcher than a laser. Anything that got hit pretty much exploded all over the place as was mentioned above. Batman would look more like his enemy Two-Face after that encounter.:)

James T

Screenwriter
Direction? Please,anyone on this forum could make a better movie than this clown. I was severely disapointed,I'll have to be more skeptical next time someone says a fan film was good.
It's kinda hard to argue if a 6 minute movie is better than a 90-120 minute movie with a budget close to a million dollars. See what you can do in 6 minutes? How many characters you can introduce in 6 minutes, how many subplots, conflicts, resolutions, character developments, character flaws, great dialog and decent fight scenes you can fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks