What's new

Barnes and Noble 50% Off Criterion Collection Sale July 2017 (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
See if you can have them sent to work and then bring them home (out of the boxes) in your now empty lunch carrier :dance:...

I'd normally say "that's brilliant!" except we work in the same office -- no dice!

Or, one could use the rationale by saying to their spouses that "the savings would be more apparent to us both, if only you would do a little less spending of your own".

The savings would be even more apparent after she murdered me for making that suggestion :D

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
How about everyone here changing their birthdays to July?
Surely, that's got to be worth at least a couple of boxed-sets or 5-6 individual titles, right?:thumbs-up-smiley:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Or, one could use the rationale by saying to their spouses that "the savings would be more apparent to us both, if only you would do a little less spending of your own".
Or, "We get to share these movies, together; but do I get to share in the wearing of your dresses and blouses?"
Or, "How 'bout we just call my attorney?"

[CAUTION: This HTF poster has never been married.] ;)

If you enjoyed being single then you would be a happy man after that. At least until the legal fees, alimony and support
payment came due then you wouldn't have to worry about hiding Criterions -- unless of course you married up, but those wives generally
hire VERY good lawyers so you might not have to even worry about electricity payments either since most cardboards boxes aren't wired,

And all that assumes you don't get Bobbitt'ed before the hearing

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Haha! I've been getting things delivered at work for years! My co workers constantly joke about it! My excuse is: You get to spend $130 every month and a half to get your hair done. It only costs me $12 a month. The difference I get to spend on myself. :D

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
How about taking your wives to Barnes and Noble for a shopping spree. Then, see what the total is. After purchases, then reach into your clothed B&B tote bag and reveal a bunch of pre-selected Criterions, with purchase titles that add up to her sum total.
At that very moment; with the faces of your wives a gasped; just simply say, "This is a price-matching spree. One for me and one for you.":thumbs-up-smiley:
Or, just PC me here and I'll give all of the HTF betrotheds my address, where you can safely mail the stashes of BDs to my house. I'll even go so far as to preview them first, in order to make certain that there are no defects before the return-policy expires.:D

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Re: the wives...

I subscribe to the rule that if you leave any new purchase out in the open for 48 hours, and she doesn't even notice it during that time, then at the point she does notice it you can make up any story you desire about how you obtained it or how much you paid for it, and still be right with the Lord
:cheers:

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My wife was very proud of me for only buying two Criterions this time around! (I neglected to mention that I'm probably going to order 4-6 Warner Archive titles....)

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I picked up Sweet Smell of Success and 12 Angry Men. I've seen 12 Angry Men numerous times but Sweet is a blind buy. I watched the Warner Archive bluray of 7 Days in May and it put me in a Lancaster kind of mood.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I love these sales, but who actually makes money on them?

And, by the way, Steven, you're gonna love JUDEX. I'd no idea what this film was about, but found myself smiling all the way through.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Next year, speak of no sales to the wives.
July - 2018: Select specific titles that you know she will also like and pretend your giving them a gift.;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love these sales, but who actually makes money on them?
It's been a long time but when I was working in video stores, they'd get DVDs at more than half off (it would vary but it was around 55% off). I'd imagine that B&N is only making between a dollar or two on each disc but that's a dollar that they likely wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Plus, having people come into the store might end up with them buying something that isn't discounted.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Finally! After years of hearing about the legendary 50% B&N sale, I was able to benefit from it!

I was visiting my brother in CT last week and went to the B&N in Stamford. Sheer coincidence, but I went there on the first day of the sale!

Was very happy to buy Eyes Without a Face, In the Realm of the Senses and Dressed to Kill. Unfortunately, I'd already bought Straw Dogs from Amazon the previous week...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks