What's new

Bad Boys 2 Superbit DVD (1 Viewer)

Wes Larkins

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what the Bad Boys 2 Superbit DVD is like?

I havent bought any Superbit DVD's yet and I seen this one the other day at Best Buy for $20.99 and ive always wondered if these would be better than the original's.

I am just wondering if anyone has bought this one or seen it. What is is like compared to the original?

I have the original and this one has awesome picture and sound quality I think and I view my DVD's on a 60" Sony XBR LCD.

Ive got a Sony DVD/SACD Combo thats a couple years old and ive got mine hooked up with the Component Video Cables and ive been thinking of upgrading my player for a new Sony DVD/SACD combo with HDMI or DVI hookups or whatever they are called.

Just curious about the Superbit DVD's Ive read a lot of the posts on Superbit's but im still wondering if and how much better they are from the originals.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Well, I bought the 2-disc for $3 at GameStop's 3/$10 sale.

Since the movie is isolated on Disc 1 to begin with, I can't imagine there's too much improvement with the SB.

Especially when you factor in adding a DTS track to Disc 1.

But having said that, SB titles always reportedly look a hair better due to more recent compression and whatnot.

After checking the reviews, I'm glad I only paid $3.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The PQ is just a little better, but the DTS track is worth the price of the SB alone. One of the best sounding DVDs I've ever heard. :emoji_thumbsup:

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I have the pretty darned solid first DVD release of Bad Boys II and have been very happy with it. I'm glad someone made this thread so I can get an idea what, if any, boost I would get going to SB.

DTS is usually a perk that will grab me every time!

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
Bad Boys 2 isn't one of the better ones... I've read that the picture isn't really any better, and the DTS soundtrack is actually weaker than the DD version.

Not the best start if you're looking for Superbits...

There are far better:

1) hollowman (SB deluxe with extas disc)
2) airforce one
3) das boot
4) blackhawk down (not much better pic but the DTS doundtrack is a big improvement)
5) Fifth element (get the ultimate edition is which has a superbit disc and an extras disc, plus it's cheaper than a new superbit)
6) the patriot (SB deluxe with extras disc)

david

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I completely disagree. The DTS track is far superior to the DD and the PQ while not a MAJOR improvement is slightly better. It's one of the best looking & best sounding DVDs released in the last few years.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
Spiderman 2 would be a good place to start. Simply a jaw-dropping transfer, and one of the most aggressive DTS soundtracks I've ever heard (especially decoded into 6.1). The train fight is a real high-lite.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
By the way, you don't have to make multiple posts of the same thread, in fact, the admins of the forum frown upon it.

If you sometimes make a reply to your own thread (within reason), it keeps the thread alive without having to re-post.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I have both versions and the SB version's PQ is slightly better, but the sound a good bit better on the SB vs. the DD version.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I picked up the SB versions of BB & BBII at Best Buy for $9.99 each. The had other SB titles for that price also. It may be worth checking out for those interested in these and/or other SB titles.

Chris

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I agree. Both BB I &II feature great demo scenes. For BB, its the hanger shootout, and for BBII, the car chase/shootout/car chase, and the assault on the Cuban mansion. Picture quality is also improved from previous editions.

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
ChrisT:

What other titles were available?

The BestBuy website has BB listed aqt 20.99 so I guess its an in store only offer.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Besides BB & BB II, the only other sb title I saw priced at $9.99 was Resident Evil. But I didn't think to look for any others besides both BB movies. I just happened to come across the RE disc and noticed its price. I plan on going back today to see if they have the sb version of Black Hawk Down & Vertical Limit (a guilty pleasure of mine). The interesting thing about the pricing was the register rang these titles up at their old prices (in the $20 range). But the cashier adjusted the price to $9.99. Just to emphasis, I didn't pick a dvd that was priced incorrectly. There were multiple copies at the $9.99 price and they clearly indicated "SB BB" & "SB BB II" on the preprinted label.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
I just got back from Best Buy. It seems they incorrectly priced some of their SB dvds. Here is a list of the some of the titles that were $9.99.

Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Spiderman
Resident Evil
Heavy Metal (Still priced at $9.99)
Once Upon a Time in Mexico

With the exception of Heavy Metal, the remaining titles were stickered with a corrected price over the original preprinted label. Sorry about the wild goose chase I may have sent eveyone on, but I thought the info might have been useful to those who were on the fence about buying some of these dvds.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks