What's new

Babb Alonia (1 Viewer)

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
Just posted on the FR driver site, but I thought it would be appropriate for this site also.
I have just completed my first fullrange 5.1 setup using Babb drivers, models 534 up front and 514s in the rear. All I can say is wow! These little things can sing. Off axis response is excellent. Coherency, soundstaging, its all there an its all good. I have not tried to get to reference volumes ..yet, but I think these guys can get there.
The boxes are constructed of solid white ash, 3/4" thick.
The blue cones are a nice touch.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Nice job on the cabinets. How much CAD did it cost. By the way I live in Port Colborne, ONT. Nice to see more people semi-local.

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Shawn!
These are not cheap. Total cost of the project is approx. $900 Cdn. I think an excellent value considering the sound quality.
The customs and duties are a killer. I had asked Babb to ship the last pair via mail to save on the duties, but apparently, they got lost and had to be reshipped via Fed Ex.
The wood was actually cut down near your neck of the woods. Not pun intended.:D
A local guy gets a bunch of tress cut down, he dries the wood and then sells it. I got the wood for only $45.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
$900 is not that bad considering what else is out there. I have couple DIY sub projects and GR research av1+ onhold until after the holidays. I paid $46 brokerage on the subs and another $40 on the kit. What are the details on the woofers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks