What's new

avr525 vs avr7200 vs avr8000 vs denon 3803 (1 Viewer)

MichaelJL

Auditioning
I'm looking to upgrade my old H/K AVR 30. I'm hoping to stick under or around the $1100 area so I can still get a SVS sub.

I see lots of praise for Denon 3803 and H/K in general. But I have seen several threads of people having problems with H/K 7200 and 8000 with some speaker buzzing issues.

I'll be using the receiver for music and Home theater. I'd like to stick with 6.1 capability, I just put in 3 rear paradigm reference series ceiling speakers to complement (I hope?) 3 front B&W 805 matrix speakers.

I'm thinking I can use my old AVR 30 to power/listen to speakers in the kitchen and another set in another room. I guess I just send audio out from the "new" receiver to the "old" AVR 30 and then I can use the "A" and "B" speakers of the old AVR30 if I want those speakers on or off??? I only mention this because I guess I don't need the new receiver to have Multi-zone capability if I go this route.

So any suggestions on whether to get H/K AVR525, H/K AVR7200, H/K AVR8000, or Denon 3803, or maybe another I'm overlooking?

Jason Perez

Second Unit
Micheal,

I considered (heavily) both the H/K 8000 and 7200, which can be had for $1100 (refurbished) directly from H/K, or $1250 online (new), respectively. I also looked at the Denon 3803. In the end (after serious auditioing), however, I ended up choosing a Pioneer Elite 45tx. Now that the 55TXi is coming along, you can get the 45tx for about $800 on-line :D, although it lists for $1400.

Let me say that I have not regretted this purchase for one second! The 45tx has plenty of power (100w x 7), decodes all of the latest formats including DTS 96/24, and has some sweet DACs. Best of all, it has Pioneer's MCACC Circuit, which automatically sets all of the speakers to the same decibel level and then processes them with a 5 point EQ within about 6 minutes. Although I was skeptical about how effecive it would be, I tried for three hours to manually make it sound better than the receiver automatically did to no avail. Check this forum or AVSFORUM to see for yourself what many others think of this great machine. At the very least, I think it would be wise to at least add the 45tx to your demo list.

Best of luck on your search!!!! ;)

Regards,

Jason

Herman S

Agent
Michael,

Get the Denon 3803. I think it is the best receiver you can buy for that price point. The 3803 will pass a HD signal through its component output at 100hz and will upconvert any analog video signal input to component video. Good Luck

Herman S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks