AVR430/630 Dropout....please give feedback to h/k

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ozzie_Sheikh, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Ozzie_Sheikh

Ozzie_Sheikh Auditioning

If anyone is experiecing an audiodrop out when switching digital streams (example DVD menu prologic to dolby digital, there is a two second drop) please go to harmankardon.com and send your feedback. They are aware of the problem and taking serial numbers down. They are investigating if its a bad batch (snickers) or if it is a firmware problem that can be upgradable. The more people that provide feedback, hopefully the faster they work on a fix.

Thanks.

p.s. I would post a link, but htf has a vbb guard for people less than 15 posts.

2. AndrewErickson

AndrewErickson Stunt Coordinator

My AVR 325 has always had a slight dropout as the receiver acquires the digital signal. It is less than 1 second but nonetheless is there.

I think this is a characteristic of all of HK's receivers.

3. It is a characteristic of nearly all recievers. I had this problem on my Onkyo 601, My older Pioneer as well as my current Sony DA4ES

4. Tom_Mack

Tom_Mack Stunt Coordinator

"Nearly" is the key word here. Not all receivers have this problem and HK is one of the worst offenders. They need to realize that they are losing sales because of a fixable defect.