What's new

Auto Room EQ/MCACC/YPao: Must Have Feature or Overrated. (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm deciding on 2 recievers at the moment: Denon 3805 or the Rotel 1056 as the others have been ruled out(Pioneer Elite/Yamaha etc).

The only feature worth noting that is "lacking" on the Rotel(besides 2 amp channels) is the lack of the Auto room eq that is on the Denon and most of the other newer receivers. Is this feature REALLY that big of a deal?

Is there another way to compensate for the lack of this feature and do you think it is a must have at this point?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I think a SPL Meter and DVE/AVIA get part of it done. If you want more done then get a BFD and tweak it all.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
Its more than just a gimmick in my opinion. Normally they work really well. This is from experience and from reading. The Rotel unit is most likely superior but the Denon is feature rich with the auto setup/eq. Knowing this alone I'd get the Denon. If the Rotel had the auto setup I wouldnt think twice and get the Rotel. If you dont mind me asking why did you rule out the Yamaha and Pioneer?

itai

Stunt Coordinator
For setting your reciever and than leaving it set for 2/3 years, untill you replace it, why would i need this feature?
both these machines seems close in specs, weigh about the same (17kg), which can hint at amp section size, but the denon has extra channels (7.1).
i would a/b them.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks