What's new

ATTN: Tulsa, OK residents... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone just watching the weather channel now? Now as in 11:00 AM EST Time? They s howed a shot of a jogger walking in the park, and in that shot, is what appeared to be a Penguin Statue, as tall as a human, with what looked like a Superman Costume on.
I was wondering the same thing as the weathercasters... WTF is that about? :)..

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
The Tulsa Zoo is opening up an African Penguin Exhibit and to help raise awareness(and money) companies are sponsoring these huge ass penguins and painting them up. I haven't seen the Spiderman one yet though, I might have to go down to Riverparks and see it(as that is the "it" place to jog). Tell you what when I go out today I will take my camera with me and try to get some shots of the thing so others can experience the penguins.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Weren't a few of the penguins stolen a few weeks ago? I believe at least one was found a few weeks later, beyond repair. :frowning:
My sister is a penguin collector. She'd love one. They should offer them up for sale or auction after the exhibit is over with (if they weren't going to already).
We're in OKC, btw. . .

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yes I think three were stolen, whoever did it must have had some power toold and those things are bolted into concrete pretty good.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
Yeah, I live by the ballerina one and it's planted pretty well as far as I can tell!
If someones a penguin fan, come down and take pics of them, and go to the new zoo exhibit.
I've never seen the Spiderman and I live near Riverside...?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Again, whoever did this had tons of time on their hands. I don't know if you guys have gotten a close look at one of the birds, but they are bolted into a concrete slab! And the bolts are huge. The there is the size and the weight of the birds. Sure I think some of them are pretty, especially the Stary Night one in front of Stillwater Bank on 15th and Utica, but to steal one takes a lot of balls.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Look at the Tulsa members come out of the woodwork. Geez we should have a get together sometime.

Anyway the penguin thing is quite interesting. There is one in Brookside that is quite nice I think. I haven't seen the Superman one just yet.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
A meet should definetely be arranged!

I think today I found the lamest one yet, all it had on it was painted tennis shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks