What's new

At $1,500 is the H/K330 and Bose AM10 a good choice? (1 Viewer)

Russell Volz

Agent
I have a 12x12 room and only watch DVDs and not very loud at that. I'm looking at spending about $1,000 on speakers and $500 on a receiver. Is this a good price mix? Is the H/K AVR 330 and the Bose AM10 a good choice? Whatever I pick will have to look nice enough to please my wife. Thanks.

Russell

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
If I were you I would go for the Harman Kardon AVR-525 Receiver for just a little more money and forget about the bose. I think you could do much better for $1000.00 than the AM10. If you need to get smaller speakers (to please the wife) you should consider JBL NSP1 or even the energy take 5+. Your options are pretty broad in that price range. What size speakers did you have in mind?

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
Russell,
Save the money that you would have spent on the bose...
The HK is a great receiver, you can go with a 230 and a Infinity Entra Point Five sat/sub setup or a JBL setup as well.

There are many quality sat/sub speaker setup that offer you more bang for your buck than the bose.

happy hunting

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Very simply put, Bose blows. Ever heard the term, "Bose: Better Sound Through Marketing?" That's exactly right.

Crap speakers and electronics with a HUGE mark up. Dr. Bose is laughing all the way to his Swiss Bank account.

Try the PSB "Alpha" speaker package too.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks