What's new

As much as I want to LOVE SACD, I must admit one thing:Quality is nothing short of... (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Javier, hook up the stereo pair on your player into an input on your reciever. Surely you've got one little spare? Based on playing around with my recently aqquired SCD-775 5-disc changer, I think modest players do stereo better than M/C. In stereo you will get all the bass, no question. If you're using bass management in the player, you proably are losing bass...? I always thought I was. I gave up and bought another pair of tower speakers and turned off the B/M. Recuerdos de la Gata!

Rich, I tend to aggree that those two components are better performers than any UNI I've seen so far. Cables, cables, cables, cables, ect! I've yet to see the Yamaha 2300 as the dealer here has yet to get one. I'm proably gonna go see the Marantz uni when I go to Nashville in the near future. I want a uni for convience but so far the various Pioneer uni's are a drag as far as I'm concerned. I think my expectations are above average though. I, too, wonder if soon we'll have nothing to buy but multi-multi-combi players that play anything but play no format really, really well... Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks