What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Artist Speed Paints Jimi Hendrix on the Tonight Show? (2 Viewers)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Ok, this is driving me crazy.

I remember there was this performance artist on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in maybe the late 80s, early 90s. He would bring out this HUGE black canvas, maybe 15 feet high. Then, while the music played a Jimi Hendrix, this artist grabbed globs of paint, and by using his hands and brushes, he was able to splash paint on the canvas and create a portrait of Jimi Hendrix in about seven minutes. A few weeks later, I think he came back and did a Janis Joplin painting and/or a Lennon painting. The artist himself was probably about 40 or so, with that aging hippie look. :)

It was amazing, and I was trying to find a clip of this, but I can't even remember the artist's name. I've tried googling this, and since the HTF crowd is usually great at these things, I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about, or remembers this. Anyone?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Denny Dent.

Dunno what crevice of useless knowledge in my brain I pulled that out of - he did a show I saw in college (Syracuse) in the late '80s.

I can also recite the lyrics to the Pina Colada song.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I did a google and watched a couple of youtubes which were enjoyable. Also found his website here:http://www.dennydent.com/index.html. The video that can be downloaded which was very brief, gave me the impression that he performed "concerts" with an orchestra. I think that would have been fascinating to watch.

He has passed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks