What's new

argh..someone make up my mind! jbl or fluance (1 Viewer)

I'm looking to put my first system together and I think it's come down to the JBL nsp1 or Fluance SX-htb. The only thing is the Fluance is on backorder for a month.
Should I get the JBL or wait for Fluance? I'm leaning toward the SX-htb, I like the look better, but I don't want to wait.

I spent the last 9 months building our addition and in just 1 long week the new 40" XBR TV will be here. I've already decided on the Denon 1803 and already have the CP-72 DVD. Somebody help, I know speakers are very subjective but from what I have (nothing)...anyway, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
davidk

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you can't wait on the SX-HTB, you might also consider putting together a fluance package of AV-4 mains, the matching center, and the Bipolar surrounds. Chances are they'll sound a bit better than the SX-HTB package, and are available now. Drawbacks are they'll cost $60 more and are only available in black.

If you do decide to go w/ the JBLs, I would consider the N26s or N28s for your mains. I had a 7.1 setup consisting of N28 mains, N24 surrounds/backs and an N-Center and it was amazing for the price I paid. The N28s are much more capable as mains, especially if you plan to do any music listening w/out a sub. They really are the sweet-spot of the N series.

Hope this helps :)

Rick Sullivan

Auditioning
I'll 2nd the suggestion to step up to N28's for mains. I have a pair of N28IIs and they really make a nice soundstage with the N Center Mark II.

Ron_L

Second Unit
N28II's have limited bass response,

you might want to spring for a sub to bring up the lows a bit.

But not a JBL sub, they have been having problems with the amps crapping out on them.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Oh I would definitely go with a good sub regardless of what speaker path you take. Depending on your price range, the Sony SA-WM40 or Audiosource-15. I'm guessing you won't want to spend more on the sub than all 5 speakers, but if you can squeez out $400, I would look at the Adire Rava or HSU VTF-2.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks all, as it turns out a local Bestbuy caries JBL. I hate BB and try never to go there, but for lunch we found ourselves near one so what the heck... You guys are right, the 26's sound quite a bit better than the 24's. I've gone over the edge, it's going to be JBL's. 28 front's and 24 rear. Your right about the sub, it realy needs one, and while I don't mind spending money for quality at this point I do want to keep it on the inexpensive side.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks