What's new

Are "The Lost Patrol" and "Informer" also being sold separately? (1 Viewer)

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator
It seems to be Warners usual custom when releasing a box set to also sepeartely release for sale the individual films in the box set. The films "The Lost Patrol", and "The Informer" are listed as being included in the upcoming "John Ford Collection" to be released in June. I have been checking with the vendors from whom I usually puchase DVD's, and these vendors do not have either of these films for sale individually. Does anyone know if Warners is going offer either "The Lost Patrol" or "The Informer" for sale individually, and if so, I'd appreciate it if someone could advise as to which vendors are now offering them for sale individually. If Warners is not offering these films for sale individually, does anyone know why they are deviating from their usual practice in this instance?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think that's incorrect, from what I can gathered, none of the films from the John Ford Collection will be for sale, individually, they're only available in the boxset.

As to why Warner is doing this with these titles? It is most likely due to their thinking that they won't be able to sell enough of these titles individually so a better business case would be to sell them as a boxset. Obviously, some of us will disagree with that thinking, but that's probably their thought process.

Crawdaddy

Corey

Screenwriter

you're wrong crawdaddy:

The John Wayne-John Ford Collection). The John Ford Collection runs the gamut of genres and shows the diversity and genius of John Ford at his most impressive. Featured here will be the DVD debuts of five classic titles. The Lost Patrol, The Informer and Cheyenne Autumn will be available individually for $19.97 SRP. Mary of Scotland and Sergeant Rutledge will be exclusive to the five-disc boxed set which will sell for $59.92 SRP.

source: DVD Times

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator
To Robert Crawford:

Thank you. I appreciate you're taking the time to provide the information. "The Lost Patrol" and "The Informer" are classics, and enough to induce me to fork out for the boxset. It would have been nice if they had included "Wagon Master", which I've always felt was quite a bit better than Ford's "mea culpa" westerns, but hopefully they'll get around to "Wagon Master" in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks