What's new

anything new on Station logos / image burns (1 Viewer)

Dano_G

Auditioning
Way back when, there was a topic about Station logos and how they could possibly burn into a projection tv. Well it has happened to me and it really @!$$3$ me off. Is there and consumer groups currently seeking any action? As an individual I doubt that anything can be done, but if everyone voice there oposition to the annoying logos and other intrusions can be omitted from programming. When was the last time you were watching a channel and thought to yourself, gee I wonder which channel this is? Come on, you know what channel your watching without seeing the logo 100% of the time.
------------------
"Can you hear me shutting up??"
[Edited last by Dano_G on October 11, 2001 at 10:24 PM]

Dano_G

Auditioning
Do I have the wrong site to get any feedback? Where has everyone gone that was involved in this discussion last year?
------------------
"Still learning!!"

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, I think you're in the right place. I'm sure that nobody here likes them, but getting rid of them is another matter entirely.
Even if all of us attacked one station, they'd still blow us off. I do like the idea of suing a station when it burns in to your TV. I think that a creative attorney could get an on-line list of TV's that have been burned out and then start a class-action lawsuit against every station involved for a huge amount of money, and that would get results.
Anyone buying a new TV and not adjusting the factory defaults could quickly get put into this situation, so finding the creative attorney would be the hardest part.
Just my opinions.
Glenn

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Dano, why not post this in "After Hours" as well? This board is inclined more to "gearhead" discussions. You'll get a better chance of several responses over in the other board.
And your problem is a solid case in point. True, the networks don't care what we think. Even TV Guide has weighed in negatively on the subject of station bugs--and it's the largest-circulation magazine in the U.S. Did that make the bugs go away? Nope. They've gotten worse and more intrusive (just ask anyone here who loves Star Trek: The Next Generation).
However, fight this we must. Somehow.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
board is inclined more to "gearhead" discussions. You'll get a better chance of several responses over in the other board.
And your problem is a solid case in point. True, the networks don't care what we think. Even TV Guide has weighed in negatively on the subject of station bugs--and it's the largest-circulation magazine in the U.S. Did that make the bugs go away? Nope. They've gotten worse and more intrusive (just ask anyone here who loves Star Trek: The Next Generation).
However, fight this we must. Somehow.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks