What's new

Anyone watch the Billboard Music Awards? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I simply had this on while doing some major clean-up of the house last night.

I enjoyed it when Cher dropped the F-bomb on live TV. That was sweet.

Faith Hill sounded horrible. That woman may look great, but I don't think she'd last past 3 rounds on American Idol.

Michael Jackson looked really really freaky. Chris Tucker gave him an award, and was his normal annoying self.

It was a strange array of presenters too. Greg Brady? Sheesh!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
It would have been great if Annie would have been there live, but nonetheless, I was happy to see Ms. Lennox get honored...long overdue for her contributions.

And Cher...my love for her as grown even stronger! I have to admit that I honestly thought that she might say something like that, and I expressed that to several people. I quess I must be Cher physic or something! Long live Cher and the "F" word!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Cher stated in her speech: "And for all the critics that over the years that said that I was out (of style)...Fuck em! I have a job and they don't." (Of course this is to the best of my memory, I was laughing to hard at the time!)

The edit machine was apparently not working or someone was asleep and it went out unedited...

All in all...was a great statement, very deserved and my hat is off (AGAIN!) to her!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There was some censoring of song lyrics of the live performances (other that, or timely audio dropouts).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Case in point the Puddle of Mudd song "She Hates Me."

I noted that they edited the "F" words, yet in the second verse 'Shit' was permitted.

I beleive that in Cher's case, they more than likely thought that they were safe. Guess they didn't know Cher.

(Any instances of other editing I am unaware...I only watched for Annie Lennox and Cher...the rest I was flipping channels...)

John Chow

Second Unit
I watched a little of the first act until I had to change the channel since my ears were in so much pain. I think it was Avril Lavigne or something like that. She sounded like she was tone deaf and I just couldn't take it. Maybe that's the effect she was going for, but didn't like it at all. I've heard that song on the radio, and it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as it did when she was performing it live.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Not like you don't know this alread John, but it simply goes to show that most of the new 'talent' that is offered cannot come near the 'magic' that is made in the studio. Without all the gimmicks and special devices, they are little nothing than you and I singing in the shower.

While I could be way wrong and it is too early to tell...I doubt that we will see in the future Avril getting a Lifetime Achievement Award, let a alone stay in the limelight for more than, we will make it easy, ten years...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Avril did look like a little girl on stage trying her best to pull it off, but she looked like a pretender Monday night.

John Chow

Second Unit
Yeah, I understand what they do with that studio magic a lot of times, there was that simpsons episode that turned Bart & friends into InSync :D. I guess I was just surprised at how bad it actually was. I figured they'd at least be able to pass off an ok performance, rather than showing they were completely tone deaf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks