What's new

Anyone using JBL S38? (1 Viewer)

John Heo

Auditioning
I'm about to get a pair of S38. I heard it's kind of bulky... You guys using S38, what is your way to place these monsters? using stands? or any idea?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
They are a rather large bookshelf speaker. I built stands for mine (cost about $25-30CDN to make). Check out my sig for pics and more info on them.

JesseR

Stunt Coordinator
I just got s38's last week. Excellent speakers. So far they are sitting on my older speakers which were about 2 feet tall....The store I bought them from was using a pair of stands they sold for about 80. I guess later on this summer I'll purchase either those stands or build some. The stands were pretty heavy but I'm not sure of the brand. I think the guy at the store also said crutchfield sold some. But i have yet to look
jesse

JimmyAGR

Auditioning
I have mine (4) mounted on the walls using B-tech speaker brackets. I had to screw into the cabinet to hold them in place, but I called JBL and they said that it would no be a problem. The fronts are mounted in the corner toed in and facing down and the surrounds are on the side walls facing down. It keeps them out of the way and provides a nice stable mount.

John Heo

Auditioning
Glad to communicate with you guys!
Looks like i need to make something by myself. Dustin, you did great job!!! Can I steal your blueprint on the masterpiece? :D
One more Q: What if I set the monster on its edge? any change in sound?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Someone else here claims he could not hear a difference between on their side or the normal orientation. I haven't tried it yet. But from my understanding of speaker design, you would want to leave them how they were intended as that was the orientation the crossover was designed for.

I stole that speaker stand design from someone else, so go right ahead. Wouldn't eactly call them masterpieces. Really easy to build though. Just wish I had spent a little more time sanding them and primed them properly. Paint job isnt' all that great.

Brian Sterling

Auditioning
I've owned the S38s for over a year now...have them paired w/ S36 in the rear.
After months of searching for stands that would accomodate the horizontal placement, I bought my stands off of Ebay from this company...
Link Removed
They'll custom make to your specs and the price is nice.
They are the "heavy duty speaker stands."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks