What's new

Anyone using a custom tuned port on your SVS subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Jorge Morales

Auditioning
I have a 25-31PC SVS subwoofer and am contemplating getting a "custom" tuned port from SVS. This sub is regularly tuned to 25Hz but they also offer a 22Hz and a 17Hz tuned port. I was wondering if anyone else has gone this route? I thing I want to go with the 22Hz just to get a little more bass down low but I do not want to give up too much SPL or cone excursion.

Thanks for your comments

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can do that with the PC version of the 25-31. I remember this being brought up before...maybe with the bigger models or the 25-31CS, but not the 25-31PC one.

Maybe Ron or Tom can chime in here.

Ed

Ed is correct, the placement of the amp in the 25-31PC

does not allow the use of a custom port. I have one and

already looked into this.

Chris

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
You guys are in luck! Tom has just put together a custom port w/adapter ring for those of us with 25-31PC. I've got one on the way, UPS tracking schedules it to arrive on Jan 2.

Try shooting an email to SVS to inquire about it. I'm not sure it's up on the site yet.

Jorge Morales

Auditioning
Jeff is correct. I also have been talking to Tom V. via email and they do in fact have custom ports for the 25-31PC's . My understanding is that there is a 22Hz and a 17Hz port and of course the original 25Hz port..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.