What's new

Anyone open up a Sony Megachanger? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Got done with a crummy rental and when I opened up the door it was gone! I think there was crud on it and somehow fell off the arm. It was full so it couldn't of been misfiled.
Never had another problem with it until this...

Anyone ever pop the top and get inside?
I know some mechanical jigsaws are hard to put back together....i.e Lasdiscs players so wanted to throw this out on the forum.
If no one yells I will let you know how the surgery goes.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I assume you unloaded the player and tried to get it out without taking it apart?

I had to do this once with my mega cd changer, but after unloading I was able to get it right out without any problems. I simply used the gravity method...lol

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
In the process of pulling out my rack to unhook it.
Will give the ole 9.8 ft/sec force the 1st chance....then the lectrik screwdriver comes out!
Thanks for the quick reply!

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Had similar experience moving a 5-disc changer from my HT to my family room. I forgot it had discs in it and I tilted the player while I was carrying it. I heard the discs slip around inside and I thought great, they'll be dislodged and the tray will jam when I open it. Thankfully nothing like that happened - they just came right on out.

Good luck with your extraction Grant.

N

Had similar thing happen a few times with my sony mega. If you unload it and have a reasonable small arm, or access to one you can reach around the entire tray and pick the fallen disc out. I bought my unit from a pawn shop for a few bucks and found about five cd's from the previous owner lodged in the bottom using this method.:D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Boy that was a pain in the butt
got them all back and it's Miller time aaaahhh black label time!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
I have gotten in the habbit of thoroughly cleaning any rented DVD's I put in my DVD players.

JackS

Supporting Actor
To clean a rental I use plane-o tap water. Probably not a reccommended method but it is a rental and it does work.I have yet to do this but, I think distilled water would be an excellent cleaning solution for ones own disks.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jack
Maybe a cheapo DVD player might be a good idea.....it's a lot of work to pull my rack out, remove the player etc etc etc
Have a good one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks